Breast reduction....... nervous

Red T.
on 1/1/04 5:25 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi gang! I am having breast reduction surgery in less than two weeks. I am waiting until after I heal to put up my after pictures. I am excited, but also nervous. The reason I am nervous is that I am now barely a DD, and there is a minimum 400 cc's requirement to be taken off. Does anyone have any idea how small that will be? The doctor is known for always keeping a good proportion, but even he said this will be borderline. I need to have the reduction because before weight loss I was huge, and I am still fairly large. I have so much pain in my rib cage because I have arthritis on both sides in ribs 6-12. There are times when I cannot even button my pants because the pressure from even loose pants is so painful. I am to point that being flat chested is almost unimportant..... almost. What are your thoughts? Experiences? On the up side, I am going to have a lift, too! I am going to have perky breasts after breast feeding four kids. Also, insurance is going to pay for most of the surgery. I have an update on my abusive mastiff that recently gave me a concussion and almost broke my arm from dragging me all over the neighborhood. (This is because he now outweighs me and knows it.) I finally after two years of not being able to control him have been able to take a slow walk around the block with him. I bought a choker collar. Now, I am completely against choker collars, but he was braeking loose and running down the streets. We were afraid that he was going to get hit by a car. Animal control was called twice on him for running out the door and down the street. SO, I put this collar on him and presto! He is a changed DOG! The greatest thing about this is that I get to take my after dinner (walk off the dinner) walk with my Gonzo baby for the first time in two years. He was yanked twice and now he gets it and loves when I grab the collar. He knows it is bye bye time. We enjoyed ourselves, and I am burning calories. I think within two weeks he will be trained and we will be able to throw the choker away. I am sorry this is so long and off topic, but it is 2 am and I can't sleep because of nerves. NO one here to talk to at this time of night. This will be my fifth surgery in 15 months. Oh, one more thing...... I would love to talk to someone at about 11-12 months about food. I am addicted to Hershey's Kisses. I have been eating carbs and drinking soda. It has been going on for about a month. I still eat very little, but it is getting to be more now that I am recovering from surgeries. Any ideas how to get back on track. What about eating lasagne, sandwiches, macaroni and cheese, potatoes, french fries, etc? Are these really bad for us if we had the surgery? I mean isn't that why we had surgery so we didn't have to worry about this? I am still 30 pounds from goal. Is that about right for 11 months out? Or should I already be at goal? I have made a pact no more chocolate or soda after tonight. I mean I didn't try any of these things until just one month ago, and it never made me dump so I ate them. OK, I know this is babble and I thank anyone who will stop and read it, especially is they answer! LOL Take care everyone! Happy New Year! Red
Barbara H.
on 1/1/04 5:41 pm - Selinsgrove, PA
Hi Red, I had breast reduction in Feb 2002. I went from a DDD to a C. The pain was so minor I could not believe it. Maybe that was 'cause I was in such a positive mood-just overjoyed to be getting rid of those watermelons!!!: You endured the pain of wls-breast reduction is a walk in the park. Best wishes-congrats on the weight loss Barb
Mara T.
on 1/1/04 9:55 pm - Miami, Fl
Hi..good luck in your upcomming breast reduction. I too had to have a minimum of 500 gm removed...that comes to about 1.5 pounds in each breast. The doctor left me with a VERY...VERY..flat A cup...even with a padded bra the cup is still empty..but you know what? I had a cyst that needed removing and..according to the doctor removing all of the breast tissue was for the betterment of my health. I am now learning to deal with a "MANLY" chest...lol If I get lonesome for a more feminine shape I can allways buy some femininity when I get my Tummy Tuck next year. The upside of this is that I have met a wonderful man that thinks my "ITTY BITTIES" are just perfect. HUGS!
JenLynn
on 1/1/04 10:52 pm - KY
HI Red....I had a breast reduction in 1999 .... I went from a 44DDD to a 38 C....I had hardly no pain after the first couple of days and the pain was so minimal it didn't keep me from doing anything...My husband drained my tubes I had after the reduction..I don't know if that is normal or not to have tubes..but we had to measure what was in the tubes for a short while...It was the best thing I have ever done...I have had huge breasts all my life starting around 4th grade....When I was around 115lbs until age 22....I could never wear just anything....Now when I lose this weigh****ch out..The best thing I have ever done...GOOD LUCK
doit 2.
on 1/1/04 11:07 pm - in my little town, NC
I had a reduction in 1986 and it was the best thing I've ever done for myself-besides WLS! I was a 38DD and afterwards a 38C-plus I could FINALLY see my feet! I went from looking towards the ground to looking skyward;)You'll love the new you!
Hazel S.
on 1/2/04 12:24 am - La
Happy New Year! Hoping this will be one of the best for you, as it already is the best for me, because I have lost 108 pounds and have regained my health/happier and I'm 6 weeks post op from a breast reduction....What a wonderful journey I was taken on in 2003! I could write a book on it, but I'm here to tell you about my BR! OK....I can not tell a lie I It! The girls are riding high and at 54 let me tell you that's not the norm! I always thought I was a DD, but never got the girls fitted, so I think the excess hanging out the bra could have put me in a E at least! I had been on prescribed meds for rashes under the breast for over 5 years.....not 1 doctor told me I should research BR, until my surgeon did after my Lap RNY. I also had neck/shoulder tension non stop from the weight of the hooters. Oh, lets not forget about the boulder holders (bras) Don't you just love those 1 inch padded straps? After my 108 pound weight loss in 8 months my hooters headed farther south and with them went about 10 pounds of fat leaving the girls sagging. Granted in a bra I looked great, but I would just about drown myself a****er aerobics with these floatation devices splashing water into my face..... After a consultation visit with the "best" PS in La. and showing him pics of my monthly rashes (always take pics of any rashes) and the luck of the Irish (I had a rash underneath both breast at time of appointment) I was approved immediately! Two weeks later on Nov 17th I was sporting a new set of Hooters! All mine! I haven't seen the girls sitting so high and looking so perky, since I was 16. Having 2 surgeries in a 10 month span and both were painless and w/o complications...Am I not the luckiest person? With the Br surgery you will be put on a high protein diet and have to drink 64 ozs water daily. Hello....That's why I have healed so well, because I've been doing this diet for the last 10 months before BR. My PS is amazed at the healing! I now can wear the spaghetti strap bras. Heaven me I have become consumed with buying bras! I have over 25 new ones, already. Never thought I'd see the day I would just look at myself in the mirror with awe.... I Love Them!!! OK.....about the food issue. I will be 11 months post op on Jan 11th and I eat my same high protein foods as before. I eat 60-80 grams protein a day and 64-80 ozs of water. Of course, I take my vits and I love exercising. Due to BR I was not able to exercise for 6 weeks. Just returned to walking and water aerobics. Good news was that in 6 weeks of not exercising I never gained an oz. I'm sure it was, because of me eating my healthy foods, as before. I have just been able to eat green salad in the last 2 months. That was one of my favorite foods. Took awhile, but now I can. I love ground sirlon/fish/chicken. Cannot do the rice and bread. I have never missed the old foods nor do I crave them. I'm never have hungar pains. I eat because I have to and never because I want to. I do enjoy popcorn (Light Natural). But, we are suppose to enjoy eating, just in moderation. Exercise has been #1 in my life next to eating healthy again. I have had success due to it. I love life and living again. I couldn't say that 11 months ago. To those that don't believe in this surgery I'd like to say.... I wish you could have seen me 11 months ago! I walked out that hospital and never took another perscribed medication. I was on 5 at the time for high blood pressure/depression/steroids(ankles). I was in tight 24's and now I'm in loose 6's and 4's. My enery level has sky rocketed! Everyday is precious to the new me. I have 7-8 pounds to go to goal. What a difference these surgeries has made in my life! I wish you the best with your br....e-mail me anytime you need to. A wonderful site is BreastHealthOnline.com. My favorite site next to ObesityHelp.com Have a wonderful weekend. LAP RNY 2/11/03 250/142/135
Robin
on 1/2/04 7:12 am - Walled Lake, MI
RED, I HAD A BREAST REDUCTION IN 98,I WENT FROM A 46DD TO A 42C..THEN I HAD LAP RYN IN MARCH OF THIS YEAR..NOW I AM 38B..THESE 2 SURGERIES WERE THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER DONE FOR MYSELF.. BOTH,HURT LIKE HELL..I TEND TO BE A BABY BUT..IF YOU ARE IN PAIN, MAKE SURE YOU GET PAIN MEDS..DON'T TRY AND BE A HERO AND BRAVE IT OUT..ITS NOT WORTH IT. DOWN 88LBS SINCE MARCH 2003.. BEST OF LUCK, ROBIN
Most Active