too much crystal light ??

(deactivated member)
on 8/28/09 2:28 am - Menomonee Falls, WI
I drink a pitcher of it everyday for 3 years now.  I have not had a problem.  I always tell myself to drink water but honestly it is Chrystal light and coffee for me.  I am not saying it is good but it is what it is.  Most women get UTIs ...just the way it goes.   Best hygiene helps but our urethras are shorter than men's.  They have their prostate issues they have to deal with.....  Daisy
warrenandbrodysmom
on 8/28/09 4:08 am - VICTORVILLE, CA
WOW!!! THANKS for all the info everyone!! you guys are awsome. So what Im gathering is its ok to drink the stuff..which is good because I love it....
thankyou everybody!
I cant believe how many responses I got! lol TOO COOL! I LOVE OH!!

Robin

lejoyrothe
on 8/28/09 4:46 am - Minneapolis, MN
I know that anything besides water in excess can be a problem.  I too drink these lovely low and no calorie beverages.  For me, occasionally it causes me to have a UTI, but I'm good at catching them with lots of water and cranberry supplementation and they don't usually get worse.

I have just realized that my higher than normal blood sugar lately is more than likely due to  my addiction.  I was making tea in a 64 ounce container, then I would put in 2 single serving pouches of raspberry drink and it was my water for the entire day, so if I added any more water only at the gym or during the day it was a bonus!  I thought it was crazy for a sugar free drink to be causing elevated numbers, but when I cut them out yesterday, I wake up and I'm normal again!  Boo hoo.

So, anyway, my suggestion would be to make sure it's watered down quite a bit and then you still get a hint of flavor but your getting a more diluted version so your bladder and kidney's are happy.  I usually do a single serving pouch (for 16.9 oz water) in a 32 oz glass.  So, it's more the taste of Life Water Brand of flavored water instead of juice.

Good Luck!
Love & Belief,  LeJoy R.

Read a good book lately?  Try mine!  (Pen name: Janette Lewie)
"Sonya Recovered."  Available through Amazon.com and through my website!
www.gentleillumination.com            
rbb825
on 8/28/09 2:03 pm - Suffern, NY
About 3 months out I found the powdered Sugar Free Snapple Fruit Punch that you put in a bottle of water.  Well, I loved it and drank them all day long.  It was great, I was drinking about 5 bottles a day and got tons of fluids a day.  My NUT was really happy with my fluid intake until my weightloss stopped - I even gained a few pounds.  We tried to figure out what was happening and she said to stop the Diet Snapple because some people are very sensitive to artificial sweetners, it can actually make you gain weight - it tricks your brain into thinking your actually drinking sugar.  So, I stopped it and sure enough, the weight poored off again.  A few weeks ago, I was currious and drank a few bottles and bam, weight gain.  So, I have never drank them again.  No artificial sweetners for me if I can help it and if I do, the weight loss slows down or I do gain weight.  So, be careful with all that crystal light.

Most Active