Saggy skin...

PeggyH
on 4/7/04 8:55 pm - Northwest, NC
Someone suggested water aerobics and swimming to tighten up skin. Has anyone tried this and did it work? Thanks. Have a great day!
Irene S.
on 4/7/04 10:21 pm - NJ
There is nothing that gets rid of saggy skin except surgery. irene
Robin
on 4/7/04 10:26 pm - Walled Lake, MI
PEGGY, NOTHING HELP SAGGY SKIN EXCEPT SURGERY. I AM ONE YEAR POST OP ANDHAVE LOST 1OOLBS..MY ARMS, LEGS,STOMACH ALL LOOK BAD. GOING FOR A PLASTIC SURGERY CONSULT IN MAY. WATER AEROBIC IS GOOD AND CAN ONLY HELP BUT, WON'T HELP THE SAGGINESS. BEST OF LUCK, ROBIN
(deactivated member)
on 4/8/04 12:57 am - Yakima, WA
They are great for toning the muscles beneath the skin AND if you have healthy skin that's not been stretched too badly, it will help in that case, but (notice those stretch marks?) when you've got 100 pounds + to lose the odds are not in your favor.
KD L.
on 4/8/04 2:01 am - TN
DON'T I KNOW IT!!! If I flap my arms hard enough, I know I could fly with these bat wings!
(deactivated member)
on 4/8/04 2:04 am - Yakima, WA
Shall we flock together? LOL
cat5dog1
on 4/8/04 10:14 pm - Mt Bethel, PA
So would you still have saggy skin if you lost weight by diet instead of gastric bypass surgery? I don't hear of non-gastric bypass weight loss people complaining of saggy skin as much. Carol
Kim B
on 4/8/04 10:31 pm - Twilight Zone
Yes! The method doesn't matter - it is just the fact that you "deflated". I don't know of many people over 100 lbs overweight that actually lost over 100 lbs without surgery and kept it off long enough to notice they had loose skin . . . . . . I know with me, the weight was coming back so fast, I didn't have time to complain about hanging skin. I am going for a plastic surgery consult May 3rd - I'm excited and nervous - but it will complete my long fabulous journey.
Most Active