Dry Itchy Skin Post Surgery???

thisbe777
on 12/21/09 12:07 pm
make sure you're getting at least a little bit of healthy fats (olive oil, etc)  in your diet too....  you could be in a perfect storm of some diet deficiencies and wintertime air...

jeris

To live would be an awfully big adventure -- Peter Pan

mickey3810
on 12/21/09 12:47 pm - cedar key, FL
i had this problem for about 6 mos after surgery i just found lotion didnt hold the moisture like a good cream did so i just bought a cream... for some reason now i dont have much of a prob with it anymore.

the only way up is to stop looking down!!

(deactivated member)
on 12/21/09 12:58 pm - AZ
On December 21, 2009 at 4:42 PM Pacific Time, divadiana wrote:
Ok since surgery (late August) I have noticed that my skin is dry and itchy. Is this normal post op? Does the large amount of protein cause this? I am guessing about the protein since my lips get all dry and chapped after drinking a protein shake.

This morning, I woke late and forgot to use moisturizer on my face, so a couple hours later I noticed dry patches on my face, I used hand lotion and it immediately got rid of the dry patches, but this is not normal for me, as I used to not even use moisturizer on the weekends.

Also my hands are super dry, and my back seems to itch all the time. Is this normal? If so what can I use to moisturize my skin?

Are you eating a low fast diet?  If so.. hair and nails are soon to follow.

Remember, you need to consume fat to burn fat.  It's just a reality.

vitalady
on 12/21/09 2:55 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
What is your water, protein, vites regimen?

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

(deactivated member)
on 12/22/09 7:25 am - TN
Breakfast is a protein shake between 17 grams and 35 grams
Lunch is either yogurt or broth based soup, slice of cheese couple of crackers
Dinner, meat (shrimp, fish or chicken) and green beans.

I drink about 80 ounces a day in the form of Vitamin Water, and Tea

Vitamins are Multivitam chewable (2)
Calicum (4)
Vitamin D dry (2)
vitalady
on 12/22/09 2:05 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Kinda lots missing. A, E, zinc, iron + C......... and no. way beyond the multis

how much D? how much calc?

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Sam I Am
on 12/21/09 5:49 pm - Raleigh, NC
That happened to me for several months post op.  I took baths with Aveeno and used lotion every time I showered.
Sam Iama
15 months and 200lbs, its my life and i'm back! Check out my blog.

Proverbs31
on 12/22/09 2:45 pm - Oakwood Village , OH
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. I HAD SURGERY AT THE END OF JULY. MY DR TOLD ME THAT IT IS A LACK OF FAT IN MY DIET.  WHO KNEW THAT MUCH FAT AND OIL CAME OUT IN MY SKIN.HE SAID THAT AS I PROGRESSED IT WOULD CHANGE. HE SAID TO MAKE SURE YOU DRINK PLENTY OF WATER AND IT IS A PROCESS.
Most Active