Chewing and Spitting

Valerie G.
on 1/20/10 9:47 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA
  Thank you for posting this!  People recommending this practice bugs the hell out of me, too.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

bunnyandbubby
on 1/20/10 9:56 pm - Henderson, NV
Thanks for posting this.  For some reason, I found myself doing this very thing right after surgery.  Luckily, the second time I put something in my mouth without intending to swallow, I thought, "whoa, what am I doing??" and haven't done it since.  I'm glad you gave us some extra information about this topic to put it in perspective, because it is easy to fall into some kind of trap when you are changing your life in such a major way.  You are a strong woman!  Congrats to you on all your accomplishments!!!
irol770
on 1/21/10 12:36 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
This is full of good advice...thank you.  I've done this in the past, but wasn't successful at it because once I chewed up the food and tasted how good it was, I really wanted to swallow it.  In fact I can't really ever chew gum without swallowing it. 

I know I have an eating disorder, and I know that is why I weight as much as I do.  In my younger years I've tried several unhealthy ways to lose weight, but could never be a successful anorexic or bulimic.  I tried throwing up, but hated it SO much that I couldn't continue.  I tried not eating anything, or very very little, but that only led to bingeing later.  I then found some succes with laxatives, to the point that I was stealing them from my job as a cashier at a grocery store.  Between eating little amounts and taking laxatives I finally got to a weight I was happy at.  And I didn't have my period any more either...which was a BONUS for me!  But those were my young and stupid days.

Then I grew up.  I knew that was unhealthy and so I stopped and I got fat.  I didn't lose the eating disorder, just the unhealthy solutions to it.  In my more grown up years I then floated from diet to diet to diet only to lose and then regain over and over again.  And through all of it I would still go back to that little spot in my mind that would want to revert back to my younger days and the stupid solutions.

Even just the other day I was thinking about chewing and spitting and how much better that would be...until I realized how destructive those thoughts are.  So no, I didn't and I don't and I won't.  But it is tempting.

Thank you for sharing so much!
Glitter Text Generator

So Blessed!
on 1/21/10 12:51 am
Linda V.
on 1/21/10 8:35 am - Sandy, UT
Thank you so much for sharing your story, Jackie! I admit that the first two days of the liquid diet, I did C&S. I have not done it since, and because of your story, I will never do it again.

Have I told you that you're awesome today? No? Well, you are!!

Linda

HW/303 SW/286(after liquid diet) CW/241 GW/155

Most Active