Don't yell at me, OK!!!

(deactivated member)
on 8/13/10 8:03 am, edited 8/13/10 8:04 am - Makawao, HI
I know we are supposed to wait at least 12 months before getting pregnant, but I am curious how far out you were when you got pregnant and how the pregnancy was. 

I am currently 38 years old. Had surgery in April. Have lost 60 lbs. Surgeon wants me to lose another 60.  Waiting until I am a year out will make me 39 before I can start trying.  I tried for 8 years to get pregnant before WLS and am afraid it will take months of trying before it happens putting me in my 40s.   My mom went through menopause in her early 40s and I am afraid that might be the case with me as well.  One of the reasons for having this surgery was to conceive and I am starting to get discouraged. 

So don't yell at me for thinking about it.  I am not looking for someone to tell me its alright to try before the 12 months.  Heck I don't know what I am looking for with this post.  Thanks for listening!!

MG
Miriam Richardson
on 8/13/10 8:34 am - Eldorado, IL
I think what you need is a ((((HUG)))) Let your body recover and then when the time is right it will happen.
Total lost

Lost since surgery

Amount to goal

(deactivated member)
on 8/13/10 8:40 am - Makawao, HI
Thanks for the HUG.  My mind plays tricks on me.  One minute I am confident it will happen even though I am 40ish and the next I am really afraid that it won't.  I suppose a year will not make that much of a difference.  Thanks again.
Emily F.
on 8/13/10 8:36 am
Personally, I think adoption is a wonderful thing and you can do that right now, if you wanted. Then maybe the body thing will work out, maybe it won't. But what's stopping you from having a child right now? Nothing.

Hope this didn't come off in a bad way, I mean it with love.
(deactivated member)
on 8/13/10 8:42 am - Makawao, HI
trust me I have TRIED that as well.  With my depression history and my husbands age we are not able to adopt.  I even had a cusion who said she would have a child for me.  Now that wouldn't have worked lol........
Emily F.
on 8/13/10 9:09 am
Well, good luck. I will pray for you and your hubby and your future family. I had trouble for a little while and it was the hardest times of my life. I think its when you make plans, God laughs. :)  Good luck.
For great WLS info join me here  www.dsfacts.com
Elizabeth N.
on 8/13/10 11:00 am - Burlington County, NJ
Who says you can't adopt?
(deactivated member)
on 8/13/10 11:54 am - Makawao, HI
I have gone through interviews and paperwork only to be told my medical history disqualified me and that my husband was to old.  Granted my weight loss might help that, but there is still the issue of my documented depression/anxiety. 
Elizabeth N.
on 8/13/10 12:52 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Hmmm. This is such a complicated thing :-/. It's totally okay to tell me to mind my own business, okay? I don't know a huge amount about the subject and realize it varies from state to state and depending on who you're working with. But I would like to suggest to you that there could be other options.... If you were previously focused on, say, a private or xyz agency brokered adoption of a newborn, I'm wondering if there might be another option.

The reason I say this is because a dear friend of mine in NJ is deeply involved in state-based adoption. She adopted four "special needs" children, three of whom were a sibling group. They are now all adults, so I got to follow their whole growing up process. States vary quite a bit on this score, but I would feel remiss if I didn't mention this family and their very special issues. Is this something you might consider?
Keldriv
on 8/13/10 9:12 am - Fair Play, SC
HUGS :-). IDK how long you are supose to wait. I think my surgen said 2 years. I do know how it is to try to get pregnant and not be able to. It took 4 years for me to concieve my twin boys, and a year to concieve my daughter. I had to do fatility drugs and hormones. We too considered adoption. We wanted our own. Kids are a stressful but so worth it task. Speeking from a women whose body could not carry my kids long (TWINS) and haveing to do the NICU thing and the special needs things now. Make sure your body is healthy. Use this time to just concentrate on you. I know that sounds awful when you want a child so bad. I know each month feels like a let down when your visiter arrives. Beleive me I do understand. If I were u I would set a date to start trying. Make it an big deal. We set date for other things why not this. Good luck hun. I wish you the best of luck and a future of little pitter patter of feet down the hall. God Bless.
                                   Married Mother of 3 Likeing the New Me!!
Highest Weight 384, Pre-surgery weight 313, Current Weight @144, Goal Weight 150, Ideal Weight
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
"Be not anxious for what you shall eat, or what you shall drink ... or what you shall wear ... Isn't life more than food? ... and the body more than clothing?"~ Luke 12:22; 29
Kelly    
Most Active