tongue is stuck to roof of mouth in the mornings

ShoreToLose
on 9/30/10 9:06 am - Brick, NJ
This happened to me when I was just about to come off of my CPAP.

It was blowing my mouth open and my tongue was stuck to the bottom of my mouth big time.

I no longer need the CPAP.  

1st Goal: 190 lbs. - Achieved 8/3/2010
2nd: Goal: 165 lbs. - `Achieved 11/2/2010
Meg_S
on 9/30/10 9:14 am - Natick, MA
Dare I even hope that I could have lost enough weight already to no longer need the cpap? I have lost 47 altogether, 32 pre surgery and 15 post surgery. I am currently 225, could that be the magic number? This would make me so excited! Maybe I'll try sleeping without it tonight and see how it goes.

Highest weight = 272, surgery weight = 240, goal weight = 135   

(deactivated member)
on 9/30/10 10:12 am
I doubt you don't need it anymore, but I bet your settings need to be adjusted.  That could possibly mean another sleep study.  Doesn't that sound like fun?:)
soblessed
on 9/30/10 11:00 am - NJ
Hey Meg:

I had this issue, too, after surgery.  I had lost, actually, only about 30# (FAR less than I thought would affect the CPAP pressure).  My surgeon wanted me to wait for awhile after surgery before using the CPAP (pressure on the incisions or something) and when I went back to using it, I was swallowing so much air I had gas pains all day.  Called my pulmonologist and he lowered it from 18 to 14.  MUCH better now. 

Give the prescribing doc a call and he may be willing to do it after talking with you and asking you a few questions.

Good luck!
Most Active