Eating with a DS, PART 2: Another Day in the Life (pics!)

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 1/23/11 11:49 am
I'm barely a month out, can't eat much yet, but this thread makes me want my tummy to heal ASAP :)
(deactivated member)
on 1/24/11 12:09 am
Heh. That is a rough stage, but you'll get there in no time. :-)
mariposantos
on 1/23/11 12:33 pm - Raleigh, NC

Sorry I'm coming to the party a bit late, but we had a busy day and then some technical difficulties uploading photos from the camera.

Here is my day:

Breakfast is a protein coffee with 4 oz. half and half and a scoop of Champion Whey Stack Cappucino Mocha:

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Snack was 3 oz. of cheese (jalepeno jack and spanish iberian) and 1.5 oz. of cocoa almonds:

Lunch is a chicken breast stuffed with pimento cheese, ham, and spanish iberian cheese, and then wrapped in bacon:

Snack was mushrooms stuffed with cream cheese, bacon, spinach, and parmesan cheese:

Dinner was crab cakes on salad with ranch dressing:

Snack/dessert was flourless peanut butter cookies:

Nutrition pre-op:

Calories: 2,227
Carbs:  65 gms
Fat:  161 gms
Protein: 141 gms

Nutrition Post-OP DS Math:

Calories: 848
Carbs:  55
Fat:  32
Protein:  71

Pamela

"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal."  ~  Henry Ford  ~

levittown_loser
on 1/23/11 2:11 pm - Levittown, PA
YUM!   Your chicken, mushrooms and crabcakes look amazing!!

HW 341/SW 309/CW 169/GW 190   172 lb. loss with my DS -  Subscribe to me on YouTube!
Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 1-11-11 Lower Body Lift, Thigh Lift, Upper Body Lift, Arm Lift and Male Breast Reduction

If you are a MALE and are interested in MALE PLASTICS AFTER WLS click to join our OH Group!

mariposantos
on 1/23/11 9:36 pm - Raleigh, NC
Thanks Tom!  The chicken and the mushrooms were my creations, but the crabcakes were just frozen ones from Cost****ind of a disappointment, actually as they tasted a bit fishy).

Pamela
"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal."  ~  Henry Ford  ~

(deactivated member)
on 1/24/11 12:11 am
Thank you so much for posting, Pamela. Even the stuff I'm allergic to (like the mushrooms) looks so tasty I want to eat it! Heh.

That chicken and cheese look especially delicious. Where do you get your iberian cheese? Specialty cheese shop, or does your supermarket carry it. That is one I haven't tried.

Gracie P.
on 1/23/11 1:00 pm, edited 1/23/11 1:01 pm - Mansfield, OH
Thanks Jenna for doing this post! You are such an inspiration to me and many others! I want to come live and eat with you!

Gracie                                          
- 165 lbs. total!                     Updated 4/7/13

(deactivated member)
on 1/24/11 12:13 am
Aww, thanks, Gracie. I'm happy you got value from the post.
kj80230
on 1/23/11 3:32 pm
Jenna,
 I was so looking forward to this post and as usual it was awesome. I think I need to participate the next time we do this.

I cannot believe that I have never figured out the DS Math on what I am eating. I know that my Dr wanted me to get at least 100 grams of protein and I have been focusing on that so much that I didn't realize that I am probably not getting enough calories. I log my eating into Fitday everyday so that I can keep a good idea of what I am eating but I just went back and did the DS math and I am lucky to get 550 calories a day (and that is assuming that I consume 100% of the calories from the carbs I eat). I am really going to work on this.

Thanks again for opening my eyes. I am loving my DS and everyday I learn something new... Iike that awesome Parsnip recipe! 
  ~Kj ~                                       My   is Betty (bldeck)                 277/268/174/150  
                     Lab Rat Data     HW/SW/CW/GW

(deactivated member)
on 1/24/11 12:16 am
KJ, I too, found that I was not getting in enough calories when I did the DS math. Early on, I hit a stall, added it up and realized I was getting like 400-500 a day! I upped my snacking, and added a few complex carbs, to target closer to 800 per day. I definitely noticed my weight loss pick up at that point and hold steady.

Those parsnips would go awesome with steak too. Hope you enjoy them if you try them.
Most Active