Eating with a DS, PART 2: Another Day in the Life (pics!)

(deactivated member)
on 1/23/11 4:40 am
Thanks. The product and recipe both sound wonderful! I have been looking for new black bean recipes, so I think I will have to try out that salad. 

Pineapple sounds like it would pair really interestingly with the black beans and other ingredients.
Ellen G.
on 1/23/11 4:07 am - Bensalem, PA
Jenna, thanks for doing this again...it was great reading.  By the way, when did you say I should come over for that cooking lesson?
(deactivated member)
on 1/23/11 4:42 am
Hey, Ellen! Glad you enjoyed. 

If you really want a cooking lesson, let's do it in Feb some time! Or it doesn't have to be a lesson, you can just come over and we'll make some yummy food. I still have a jar of almonds for you too. 
Ellen G.
on 1/23/11 7:33 am - Bensalem, PA
That sounds awesome, I would love that!  Let's definitely plan it!
levittown_loser
on 1/23/11 2:07 pm - Levittown, PA
Ya know the PA board here (AKA the Barix board) does these cooking parties everyonce and a while.   They all get together and pitch in either ingredients or money toward the predetermined dishes ... and then get together and have a mini party and demo.  

We should organize one DS style!

Tom

HW 341/SW 309/CW 169/GW 190   172 lb. loss with my DS -  Subscribe to me on YouTube!
Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 1-11-11 Lower Body Lift, Thigh Lift, Upper Body Lift, Arm Lift and Male Breast Reduction

If you are a MALE and are interested in MALE PLASTICS AFTER WLS click to join our OH Group!

(deactivated member)
on 1/24/11 12:08 am
Tom, I LOVE this idea. I wonder if anyone has a large enough kitchen that would suit. Maybe I'll post it to PADS.
Ellen G.
on 1/24/11 10:25 am - Bensalem, PA
That is a great idea...sounds like a lot of fun!
(deactivated member)
on 1/23/11 4:23 am - alexandria, VA
Hi those meals looks so good, but I have to say as a Lap Bander for over 2 years I can eat ALL those foods with NO consequences, no dumping, no vomiting, our bodies are the exact same as pre op, the only thing is we lap banders can't eat much, I can eat only about 1 french toast and about 2 slices of bacon for breakfast, and the lamb chops looks so good, yum, I could eat only one and the small portion of spinach and get REALLY stuffed, that's what the Lap band does for us those that use it properly and don't keep our bands too tight.
Thanks for sharing.
(deactivated member)
on 1/23/11 4:47 am
It's great that you've experienced such success with your band and have not run into any food intolerances or eating difficulties. Congrats!

I would love to see a thread of Lap Banders' daily eats. It'd be educational to see one for each surgery type.

As a pre-op, I found that my metabolism was pretty shot from a lifetime of dieting plus insulin resistance. That was why I personally opted for malabsorption, rather than a restriction-only procedure. 

(deactivated member)
on 1/23/11 4:59 am - alexandria, VA
 Congrats on your weight loss, you look so pretty, I honestly think Lap banders and DSrs enjoy the same type of eating, we don't dump or get sick and can eat normally as long as we are properly restricted. The only thing is if the band is too tight some people have a hard time eating and their quality of life may not be good, but we have choices with our bands, I am lucky to have a great surgeon that believes in the band and he make sure we get to our sweet spot quickly without problems. I have been properly restricted now for about 2 years and I really enjoy eating more now than before I got my band, I can enjoy all the foods I ate before the band only difference is I get full on about 5-6 oz of food per meal, sometimes I can eat more and sometimes I can't eat much at all.
Most Active