Loose Skin !?!?!?!?!

Karly Green
on 3/17/11 12:05 am - Middletown, NJ
I'm 28 years old and about 7.5 months out and I have some skin issues. I didn't strength train before surgery, and didn't start strength training till about 5 or so months after RNY (With the exception of Pilates and Yoga once a week).  Below is me before surgery at 272, then me at 5 months and at 6 months out. I'm doing Power 90 to try and help me tone up and I can see a difference. 
I've lost 120 lbs and would take the skin over the weight any day of the week.  You just gotta work at it as best you can to try and get rid of it naturally with working out, Vitamin E lotions, etc. And anything you can't get rid of is why God made Plastic Surgery  (Although I will probably never be able to afford it).
Good luck on your journey Hun! You're going to love your new life and body no matter what it looks like!

Watch what I eat at myfitnesspal.com username karkar28
crystal M.
on 3/17/11 12:25 am - Joliet, IL
I lost 140 lbs so far and more to lose.  I'm 39 and have been obese for about 17 years.  I can tell you that although I have been strength training like crazy it hasn't helped much for me.  I have flabby, droopy skin on my stomach, thighs, arms, boobs and I can see it starting on my butt too.  I will need a whole body lift but seeing how much it costs I don't think that will ever happen.  I have abused my body by not taking care of it and this is the consequences.  BUT I would rather be thin with droopy skin...than fat with lots of blubber 
deborah72
on 3/17/11 1:24 am - Pell City, AL
Sunny....
I have to echo what others are saying here.  A lot has to do with your gene pool, age, time overweight ect. 

The one thing that I have done that seems to have helped me a bit.  Make sure you are drinking lots of water ( this was suggested to me early out from WLS) , moisturize your skin and tone and firm up.  This will not take care of 100 of the skin issue but will fill it in a bit with muscle.

I run 6 miles every other day ...and when I don't run I lift weights and work my abs for about 2.5 hours. 

I will be 39 this June, I'm 13 months out from WLS and was overweight for about 18 years.  With you being a bit younger than I your skin should snap back a little easier. 

HOWEVER...Nothing feels as great as being fit and healthy.  Plus...shopping for new clothes helps too!!!  LOL!!!  I LOVE MY RNY it was the best decision I have ever made for me.  Worry about being healthy first!!!! 

Before pic was 10days before surgery after pic was a couple of weeks ago swimsuit shopping! 

Reached Onederland 5/26/2010 199.2 lbs
Highest weight 280 9/2009 Surgery weight 250 2/2010

fluffyk1977
on 3/17/11 2:33 pm
HOLY **** - we should all be so lucky...You look amazing!
Vertical Banded Gastroplasty 3/3/10
High/Day of Surgery/Goal/Current: 244 / 238 / 128 / 130
33 years old, 5'4" Tall      
Plastics by Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey 8/30/2011: Extended TT, BL/BA

deborah72
on 3/17/11 10:25 pm - Pell City, AL
AH!   THANK YOU VERY MUCH!   I truly appreciate that!  

Reached Onederland 5/26/2010 199.2 lbs
Highest weight 280 9/2009 Surgery weight 250 2/2010

subacloud
on 3/17/11 2:42 pm
I've lost about 180 #'s and have about 75 more to go before the only weight loss available will be skin loss.  I have lots of loose skin.  But, what a great trade!  For now, I'm enjoying the entertainment.  However, a good pair of support hose does wonders and a tight under armor shirt makes me look pretty awesome. 

You just have to roll with it.  If it isn't loose skin, there's likely to be something else you won't particularly care for.  My face shape has changed and I'm having to get used to how to wear my hair and do makeup.  What a great problem, but it does give me some things to consider.

But, then there are the perks of seeing your collar bones again, feeling your ribs, enjoying life again.  It's an awesome experience!

Subacloud               408/318/208/135   (HW/SW/CW/GW)

Speak and do not keep silent.   

Most Active