When you copy/paste lengthy studies from peer-review journals ...

Whacka Doodle
on 3/28/11 2:50 pm
. . . do you ever really believe that even one person on OH is going to read the whole dang thing?  Or even much of it?

I've always wondered.

Interested in low-carb nutrition?  Thinking of trying Atkins? Want to try high-fat and/or high-protein eating?  Whether or not you have had (or are thinking about) WLS   http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/atkins/   

beemerbeeper
on 3/28/11 2:59 pm - AL
I read them.  I think I'm one person.  So that should count.

~Becky

Whacka Doodle
on 3/28/11 3:56 pm
Beckyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

You count!

When I'm chugging along, reading  a thread, and am confronted with huge chunks of academic text, frequently altered with bold or brightly colored font, I just .... skim over to the interesting part (somewhere else).  

tee t.
on 8/3/11 12:35 am
MacMadame
on 3/28/11 3:38 pm - Northern, CA
I don't know what they think but I read them.

I'd much rather read a study than some long post full of misspellings and lacking in carriage returns. Now those I don't read. Not past the first couple of sentences anyway.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Whacka Doodle
on 3/28/11 3:58 pm
I tend not to read studies on the threads -- too much like homework.  

But I'm with you about the seriously MUGS-C-impaired threads (mechanics, usage, grammar, spelling, capitalization) .... Wow, some of them could blind a person.

Interested in low-carb nutrition?  Thinking of trying Atkins? Want to try high-fat and/or high-protein eating?  Whether or not you have had (or are thinking about) WLS   http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/atkins/   

k9ophile
on 3/28/11 5:35 pm
On March 28, 2011 at 10:38 PM Pacific Time, MacMadame wrote:
I don't know what they think but I read them.

I'd much rather read a study than some long post full of misspellings and lacking in carriage returns. Now those I don't read. Not past the first couple of sentences anyway.
Carriage return?  LOL!  You mean there's another old fossil on here besides me?  You probably played Drop the Clothes Pin in the Milk Bottle at your kindergarten birthday party.  Thanks for the push down memory lane.

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

(deactivated member)
on 3/28/11 5:46 pm - San Jose, CA
I don't care if 99 out of 100 people chose to remain ignorant - SOMEONE reads them.  EVERY time.

Please continue to ignore what I post - it isn't for you anyway.
ericklein
on 8/2/11 11:53 am - Mission Viejo, CA
Yes!
(deactivated member)
on 8/2/11 12:09 pm - San Jose, CA
Necroposting!!

Are you reviewing my posts for some reason??  Or am I just being vain?
Most Active