Diet and Excersice

Wannabhealthy barbie
on 4/1/11 10:34 pm
Hi Friends...
I HATE meat in any form except I can stand chicken breast but only every once in a while. I do like greek yogurt and my carb/sugar/fat vise lately has been peanut butter bananas...ugh I eat at least two a day. AND I  am stuck, stalled, the scale is not moving. I have been doing light lifting at the gym but am not allowed to do cardio because I have a nasty sprain and some giant bumps on my leg from my fall( i fell while trying to turn in papers for my divorce) I am 1.5 years out and know that my pouch still works because eating more than 2oz of grilled chicken at a time hurts...bad!! So how should I go about losing. I am drinking protien shakes and have bought the best protien bars I can find low in everything...taste horrible and chalked full of protien. Please help! I am really working and it is frustrating to not see the scale moves. Oh and I am not building enough muscle yet for the whole muscle vs.fat therory. Thanks in advance!!! Happy Saturday!

Heather :o)
on 4/1/11 10:38 pm
Maybe you need to reduce your calories? Espcially if you had to reduce your exercise bc of the sprain.

As far as meat, it is not necessary. There are PLENTY of protein sources available that you do not need meat. Morningstar farms makes a veg burger that is delicious, it is the griller original, 130 calories, 15 grams protein. There is also beans, low fat cheese, tofu, other meat substitutes (Quorn products are delicious).

Good Luck.
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
Susan S.
on 4/1/11 11:14 pm - Roselle, NJ
I still don't do well with 'intact' meat...so to this day I rely on ground turkey,beef , and chicken....in soups, chili,stews. Re: peanut butter and bananas...that's what I ate to gain weight. Peanut butter us more fat than protein and should be viewed as such. I'm not at all anti fat...but it's calorically intensive. Bananas are very high glycemic...they offer great nutrients but from a sugar/ insulin standpoint you just ate a cookie. I would certainly limit myself on portion and only as a treat...not as a primary food for protein. Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

msromagnola
on 4/1/11 11:23 pm
I would recommend you  measure your foods, keep a food and exercise log for about a week or two and then talk with a nutritionist. 

For me, if I didn't like meat I would be in trouble because meat/beans along with vegetables is what fills me up.  The other stuff - carbohydrates- and others - seems like I could eat forever without feeling full.

Here's a couple of my thoughts for you to think about to see if anything might work for you the way it works for me - who knows?  We've all got our special bag of rules and tricks don't we?

Fish?shrimp?beans?

I like bananas but they are high sugar I think.  I also can eat lots of them- they are another food that doesn't fill me up.  Are there other fruits you like that are more bulky.  Like apples or pears?  Just a thought. 

Do you snack alot?  This is my pitfall.  I do better when I'm at work because I take my food for the day - so I only eat what there is.  At home, I nibble too much.

Good luck to you.  You've done so well.  You just need some ideas from someone who knows (nutritionist) to get it going like you want it to.

MSROMAGNOLA
Emily F.
on 4/2/11 5:41 am
PB bananas is like calorie and carb city. I would think just cutting those out you may lose some. Log what you are eating into a site like livestrong.com or such. I think rnyers aim for 80 g protein. I try to aim for under 50 total carbs if I'm trying to lose. That would be a place to start. Just log a few days and see where you are at now and where you can cut. Good luck.
Most Active