WHAT IS NEXT ??

dawney
on 4/4/11 2:40 pm

Ok, so now that I have had the psych visit, what comes next?  I guess referral to the surgeon?  Also, trying to get information on what is a good protein powder for the liquid diet portion coming up.  If any one has any suggestions I would really appreciate it. 

Dawn A Boesch    
codlover
on 4/4/11 2:50 pm - Celina, OH

What comes next depends on your surgeon's plan. I actually saw the surgeon before the psych visit.
Be careful with the protein powders. Your taste buds will be mess up for awhile after surgery and things you liked before surgery will taste terrible to you after surgery. I like Atkin's Advantage Milk chocolate shakes. You can get them at Wal-Mart and other stores. They are pre-mixed and easy to take anywhere. I used these on my pre-surgery diet and still use them sometimes yet today. Buy only a few things now so you are not stuck with expensive things you will not use.

Jim from Celina   328 Pounds...GONE !!!!!      
dawney
on 4/9/11 4:17 pm
Thanks Jim.  I do like Adkins, how drastically did your taste differential become post-surgery?  I will be talking to the surgeons office on Monday 04-11.  Hope all is well with you, and will let you know how things are going.

Thanks again,

Dawn
Dawn A Boesch    
Kelly-RN
on 4/4/11 6:57 pm - TN
I am 7 days post op and used to be able to drink my protein powders without problem...now they taste overly sweet..and sweet taste is one of the things that is bothering me right now.  Currently I am using more milk that wls calls for (still less than can instructions call for) so that I can get it in.
One that I have found that I both like and doesn't trigger gag reflex is the baricare by bariatric advantage.  it is more expensive, but much smoother to drink.  Is designed for smaller amounts of liquid, plus is mixed with water vs. milk.

Good luck with your upcoming surgery.  This site has been fantastic for me to learn new little things to help out and the people are great.

Have a great day,
Kelly

dawney
on 4/9/11 4:14 pm
Thanks Kelly, I will try that one.  I know Adkins is good, but wanted to try something else in case post-surgery I have a problem with it.  Did you get yours online?  Also, is that your horse, I have wanted one since I was a little girl.  As I got older I got fatter and did not want to break the poor animals back.  It is my goal to be able to get back on one. 

Keep me informed of how you are doing, and thanks,

Dawn
Dawn A Boesch    
Kelly-RN
on 4/12/11 12:10 am - TN
Now a little better than 2 weeks out and doing good.  Still having trouble getting all the protein in, but was just advanced to soft foods so that is getting better with eating tuna and real food pureed.
I wish that Rebel was my horse.  He is part of a horse rescue here in NE TN and I volunteer with them occasionally.  I am trying to find somewhere to keep a horse and find one that is right for me that I can afford.  I love them, but am a definite newbie to horses.  Was a city girl all of my life until a year ago when moved here.  This area of the world is heaven for me.

One thing I tried this am that I really liked was taking the Baricare Chocolate, mix with 4 oz. of water and added a little less than a third of a banana and blended it.  Was really good!

Good luck and please let me know how you are doing.

dawney
on 4/13/11 2:44 pm
Keep up the good work.  I think it is awesome that you volunteer with the horses.  I wish there was somewhere around here that I could do that. 

I will definitely try the last suggestion, that actually sounds really good.  As for the horse, the right one is out there.  Once I loose the weight I would love to go do a horse ranch vacation where I can learn to ride.  Would you be interested in something like that?  I think it would be a blast.  I have it as one of my goals. 

Hope to talk to you soon,

Dawn
Dawn A Boesch    
Most Active