1 year post

Emily F.
on 4/4/11 12:04 pm
  Okay, let's try this again, since my first one disappeared. :)

April 5th 2010 Easter Sunday, I left my 3 young children in Florida and flew with my mother across the continent to the west coast of Mexico to get DS surgery from Ungson. I was 110% happy with my experience in Mexcio, the surgery, the team of doctors, everything was wonderful. Its all on my blog to help others. 

I had textbook recovery. Little dehydration around week 3, but got through it. Only negative is my scar keloided which no one can really help that. I only took 9 days off work which I'm sure is the best case scenario. I think my young age and health had to do with it. I have bounced back from all my surgeries very quickly. 

I went for my first dental cleaning since wls and the dental hygenist told me I would get a boob job and leave my husband. I was absolutely horrified someone would think that of me. But then again, you hear about it happening. I never worried for a moment about my marriage. He constantly tells me I'm beautiful, he did when I weighted 370, he tells me now that I'm 160 with all that skin, so basically he is a damn liar but I appreciate the sentiment.  :)  He is pro plastics, I'm a lucky girl. :)

The pros. I could write volumes. I'm a better person. I have energy. I'm more active in life with my job, my children my bedroom. lol. I was happy with my life before surgery, now I'm happy with MYSELF in addition to my life. I'm joyful. I take care of myself. I enjoy drinking protein shakes that I know are good for me. I like getting my lab work and setting down with my Andrea U's labtracker work book and chart all the graphs and see where I'm at. I love my ds family of friends who tell me the truth!!!

Stats
highest weight 370 when I was pregnant with my twins 2004 maternity size 30-32
surgery weight 286 size 24
Now 160s size 10
Shoe was 12 to 10-11, I wear heels all day and they are comfortable!!! Never happened before.

Now the fun. pic.
before.jpg image by cneclevengerbeforebeforeI.jpg image by cneclevenger

after.jpg image by cneclevenger364 days later. :)

Thank for all you contribute on the board. Love you guys!
Ladytazz
on 4/4/11 1:21 pm
You look great! Congratulations!
mbentz
on 4/4/11 11:16 pm - Somerset, PA
What an awesome journey you have had so far!  Congratulations!  Thank you for all of your input that you offer on this site.  I treasure it.  Especially for your advise the other day  on the Digestive Advantage Probiotic.  I have started it and I can see an improvement already.  I truly lean on the advice that others offer on here.  It's because of people like you who are so willing to share information, that make this site so valuable. 

Hugs and Gratitude...
Emily F.
on 4/5/11 6:49 am
On April 5, 2011 at 6:16 AM Pacific Time, mbentz wrote:
What an awesome journey you have had so far!  Congratulations!  Thank you for all of your input that you offer on this site.  I treasure it.  Especially for your advise the other day  on the Digestive Advantage Probiotic.  I have started it and I can see an improvement already.  I truly lean on the advice that others offer on here.  It's because of people like you who are so willing to share information, that make this site so valuable. 

Hugs and Gratitude...
 I'm so glad you are feeling better!!
Dionysus
on 4/4/11 11:25 pm
4catz
on 4/4/11 11:30 pm
Happy Surgiversary Emily and congratulations on your weight loss success!  You have stated many of my sentiments about this surgery.  I feel so fortunate to have been able to have it.  I have my health and life back.  I truly believe that if you have a strong relationship before surgery it will continue afterwards.  My husband loved me before and loves me just as much now.  Only now we can do more things together and enjoy them more.  Keep up the good work.
Elena

Surgery Weight: 275
martitalinda
on 4/5/11 2:41 am
 You look FABULOUS! a trip well worth it... CONGRATULATIONS ... keep on being just BEAUTIFUL!!!! Rock your DS!!!!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

wonkad
on 4/5/11 2:46 am - IL
***squinting eyes too see the tiny pictures***
Holy Shizz!!! Emily you look great!!! Congrats on your success....you're rocking the hellza out of your DS!!!

shock.gif

**Weight loss since June 08**

MommyosaRose
on 4/5/11 2:58 am

Emily my April surgery friend, following your transformation over the past year was great; you did amazing! Congratulations on your surgiversary and your success!

Rose

~Starting Weight: 261 lbs~~Pre-Op Weight: 241 lbs~
~Current Weight: 155 lbs~

"Just when the Caterpillar thought her life was over, She began to fly..." 

need2bthin
on 4/7/11 5:12 am
VSG on 06/30/10 with
WOW, it's been a year!!!  Congrats you look wonderful!!!  Thank you for all of your support!!!!
Just My thoughts... 
Most Active