XP: 9 month update

shannn
on 4/10/11 8:04 am - Knoxville , TN
So, I'm a few days late for my 9 month update but I'm doing it anyway because I used to love these posts. I had my DS in July and I've lost 131 pounds so far. I am just 1 pound away from my surgeon's original goal for me. I want to see my ticker get to the end, but after that I will put a new one on because I have adjusted my goal weight to be 149, the high end of a normal BMI. I suspect that I will bounce back to stay about where I am right now but I'd like to see "normal" for a minute. 

I mostly feel just normal now, at least in my clothes. I have a huge panni, major bat wings, droopy boobies, and a sharpei butt. I have a hernia which makes my stomach stick out strangely right above my belly button. But all of that doesn't show in my clothes. I'm wearing a size 14 pants and a size Large tshirt (SOOOO strange to not have any Xs.) The percentile BMI site says that I'm in the 53rd percentile for my age group and that is all I ever wanted!!

I spot check my protein, trying to get around 100-120 grams per day. I start off each day with a double scoop protein coffee and I've recently started having a Clic****d coffee drink in the afternoon as well. I don't count carbs, although I do stay away from white carbs. I might have a bite of bread with lots of butter at a restaurant, but beyond that I haven't had any bread. I have had maybe a bite of pasta or rice, although I do have baked potatoes every once in a while. Mostly I eat protein~ steak, shrimp, & lobster are my favorites. I still have trouble with pork chops and chicken sometimes.

Here are the photos, mostly from our recent spring break trip to Florida:

springbreak382.jpg With my kids at Universal

On a TEETER TOTTER with my son!

Wearing MATCHING shirts with my daughter!

I actually allowed a picture to be taken of me in a swimsuit!

9monthcollagecopy-2.jpg
My before and after/now

~shannon
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." ~E. Roosevelt

(Ticker includes 11 pounds lost in pre-op diet.) 

Emily F.
on 4/10/11 9:08 am
Wow, you look fantastic, but I bet you will lose some more. You'll be surprised.
shannn
on 4/10/11 11:04 pm - Knoxville , TN
Thanks Emily! I can't imagine. This size just feels very comfortable. :) 
~shannon
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." ~E. Roosevelt

leecie0215
on 4/10/11 9:31 am - Moriches, NY
I was laughing out loud when I read your post! 1st of all congrats on your success! I think that we are sharing the same body. That is exactly how I describe mine. I often say that I look great in my clothes now, but i looked better naked when I was fat! I wouldn't trade the way I feel for the world though. Regards, Alyse

shannn
on 4/10/11 11:04 pm - Knoxville , TN
It's crazy, isn't it? I look completely bizarre without clothes; but in clothes I look okay!
~shannon

wonkad
on 4/10/11 10:18 am - IL
Congrats Shannon! You're looking great and you have a beautiful family!

shock.gif

**Weight loss since June 08**

shannn
on 4/10/11 11:07 pm - Knoxville , TN
Thanks! I think they're pretty cute :) 
~shannon

spedcon
on 4/10/11 12:55 pm
Awesome Shan! I am so proud of you! You can do so much with the kids now...would you have believed you could teeter totter? How bout those matching shirts? Woohoo!! I actually took a shirt from my Mom...it was a Mickey! I have not been able to wear anything of my Mom's since 4th grade! I loved it.....so did she! You guys look so happy! What a sweet family!     Connie
shannn
on 4/10/11 11:10 pm - Knoxville , TN
Thanks Connie! It is really fun to hang out with my family and not worrying about hiding behind somebody for pictures. The teetor tottering was amazing!! The Disney stuff that fits me now is sooo cool (although not so cool for my bank account).
~shannon

Most Active