Update from last posting.

miss_shavontae
on 4/11/11 11:14 am
 The first and last time I posted I expressed my feelings on a few of the bariatric surgeries that are out there and how i was on the fence as to which one was best for me. Since then [last week] a lot has happened. Found out I have an abnormal gall bladder and gall stones. They wanted to take them out asap but i told them i would wait until i figured out what procedure i would do..

i've decided - the sleeve.

Bad news: again, tricare won't cover it. Word on the street [as of now a total rumor] tricare will start covering it September of this year. Personally, I don't want to wait that long so i'm trying one other thing.. On May 2nd i'm going to meet with the original doctor i started this journey with an convince him to do my sleeve at the military facility. I'm PRAYING he says okay and I can have a date set shortly after. I've done all the pre-op stuff [psych, nutrition, etc] I just need a date gosh darn it! LOL. 

Please pray for me! :) Thanks for starting this journey with me.

spedcon
on 4/11/11 11:53 am
Hey Shavontae! So sorry you have to wait. I remember when I was going through all this. A day seemed like a year to wait. I hope it works out soon!     Connie
miss_shavontae
on 4/11/11 11:58 am
 Thank you! Yes, my doctor even said "to be so ready for this and only being 23, the end of the year feels like 5 years from now" he couldn't have been more right lol 
borntobethin35
on 4/11/11 9:49 pm - VA

Hello Shavontae,

I'm glad you made your decision.... I think that should work out for you if the doctor does at the military base. If not (like we discussed before) can you get a referral to the Naval hospital (Portsmouth) and go that route. That's the way I went and I was sleeved in 3 months. So good luck and keep me posted. You have my number and any questions you have about the sleeve I will be glad to help. Can't wait to see you on the loser's bench!!!

Sheka

HW: 272   SW: 256  CW: 189 GW: 170

1st  Goal:    245:    
Achieved
2nd Goal:    220:    Achieved
3rd  Goal:    199:    Achieved
Final goal:   170

"I thank GOD for allowing me this opportunity to turn my life around"

Most Active