6yrs Post-op - Bikini Wax question

Gina M.
on 4/15/11 2:18 am - San Dimas , CA
Hi, all!
I've been offline for awhile, but my newest conundrum poses an issue I thought y'all would be the best sounding board for:
I tried to give myself a bikini wax, but because of my loose skin (just shy of 6-years post-op), I, well, let's just say I hurt myself. I'm afraid to go to a salon and have the waxist have to call in another person to help her hold my skin taut (I fear it takes more than one hand to hold the skin while rippinf the strip off...embarassing!!!). Does anyone have any pointers? If not, can someone refer me to a salon in California's San Gabriel Valley (I'm in San Dimas) which can do this for me without too much cost or embarassment? Please?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Gina
Roux-en-Y
May 17, 2005
Tarris
on 4/15/11 2:28 am
Okay...I know it's not the advice you asked for but...have you tried NAIR or one of those types of hair removal products instead of waxing?  I find them easier to use...just a thought.

Gina M.
on 4/15/11 2:30 am - San Dimas , CA
I have, and I found that a)it left enough hair behind to make it not worth my while and b)I'm allergic to it: it left little holes in my skin which scabbed over...not pretty. Not comfy, either, for that matter...sigh...
Baby Blues
on 4/15/11 2:36 am - Roy, UT
I go in once a month and get a brazilian. LOVE IT.

It's just me and her and she has me help her.  Unless YOUR hands are broken, there is no reason to have a 3rd person in there to just "help".  Just hold your panni up and she can do the rest. It's no biggie.

xox
Tammy
I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst...then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.     ---Marilyn Monroe
Gina M.
on 4/15/11 2:38 am - San Dimas , CA
I was hoping for a Brazilian, but was scared they'd rip my lips off! Great idea to have me help, though. Know any places in the Los Angeles area you'd recommend?
Baby Blues
on 4/15/11 2:39 am - Roy, UT
Nope, not in California. Sorry.
I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst...then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.     ---Marilyn Monroe
sunnycapecod143
on 4/15/11 6:13 am
 I have always wanted to have a brazillian! I am just way to big and self aware to let someone see me in that possition right now. SOON! 5 days away from surgery .. Just one more thing add to my to do when thin list! love it !
Rated5Scars
on 4/15/11 9:04 am - London, Canada
What's with you all wanting a brazillian?
Isn't one enough?

VSG Nov 30, 2010
mkbeany
on 4/15/11 3:26 am
I'm sorry I am no help in this arena.
I have no experience.

But the 'rip my lips off' almost made me choke on my Richard Simmons Turkey Lasagna.

Funniest. Thing. Ever.

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. " -- Anais Nin

Revised from Band to Bypass 10/26/09
High Wt 355/ Surgery Wt 343 (BMI 61) / Current Wt 190 on 3/17/12

TT/Fleur De Lis 8/22/11
Mastopexy and Brachioplasty 12/14/11
Kristy R.
on 4/15/11 7:57 am - Santa Clara, CA
 Maybe try looking on Yelp! for some nearby and make sure none of the reviews say "Never going back, she ripped my lips off!".  Just remember, you have to take Yelp with a grain of salt, you have to know how to wade through the BS reviews.  Um, good luck with yer lips.  So amused, LMAO!

PS - they see all kinds of stuff in that business, while it's embarassing to you, you are just another client to them.  Don't let that hold you back from getting your punanni groomed in the way you want it ;)
~Kristy~ VSG 3/29/11 ~ 15 pounds lost pre-op, SW - 240/GW - 150

Most Active