Tattoos and WLS

MandaTee
on 4/18/11 1:55 am
Ok, so I found a badass blog that does "tatoo tuesday" and features different people's tattoos and stories/advice.  http://sometimessweet.blogspot.com/search/label/Tattoo%20Tue sday   
My question is, I would like to know y'alls opinions and experiences on tattoos on skin that will be saggy and change alot with our weight loss.  I've been assuming I'd just wait til i hit goal weight, and maybe after plastic surgery, but I'm getting impatient.  ;)
By no means am i trying to make anyone feel bad if you had them pre-surgery, I just wanna know realities.  THANKS!

My Story: http://mandaswljourney.blogspot.com/
VSG Surgery Date: Jan 20, 2011
Matt2011
on 4/18/11 2:15 am - Moorhead, MN
Actually I'm curous as well. Waiting on weight loss before i get what i want.

“Victory is won not in miles but in inches. Win a little now, hold your ground, and later, win a little more.?   Louis L'Amour quote  

mgb96rw99
on 4/18/11 2:23 am - Manchester, CT

I have 11 tattoos and mine actually look better now after the WLS.  They are more colorful.  Hope this helps.

MandaTee
on 4/18/11 2:31 am
how much have you lost?   did you have issues with sagging?

My Story: http://mandaswljourney.blogspot.com/
VSG Surgery Date: Jan 20, 2011
mgb96rw99
on 4/18/11 2:34 am - Manchester, CT

I've lost close to 150 lbs and where my tattoos are I haven't had a problem with sagging. 

LovelyLoser
on 4/18/11 2:53 am - Salt Lake City, UT
Hi, I am 4.5 years out from RNY. I got my first tattoo at 100 pounds lost. It's a lotus blossom and is beautiful! I was afraid before surgery because I didn't want that saggage issue.
bxbeba
on 4/18/11 3:03 am - NY
I have two tattoos, and have no problem with them.  One is along my calf and the other is a "tramp stamp".  It all depends on where they are and most tattos are in areas that don't have saggy skin.  I have lost 112 lbs in 13 months.

Hope this helps.

t-

(deactivated member)
on 4/18/11 3:18 am
I will be getting two tattoos in the coming year, most likely - one on my upper back between my shoulderblades (yes, I have shoulderblades, now!!) and one where the "tramp stamp" goes.  The upper back one is in design stages right now - I need to perfect it before next month.  The lower back one will be once I either hit goal or once my body decides it's done losing.  I imagine neither of these places will experience shift.

However, I would also like to see something on my hip - but I carry a LOT of weight there and I'm not willing to play with that area until I'm done losing.  Same with my chest.  Essentially, despite others' testimonies, I would recommend that you look at the areas that you PERSONALLY retain fat and avoid those places for tattoos.  I could get a tricep tat today that won't barely change by the time I get home.  A person I know could do the same and because she carries so much weight in her arms, she can almost certainly count on batwings dragging that tat far out of place.
Christine X.
on 4/18/11 3:56 am - TX
There was a picture of Wendy Williams in one of those tabloid magazines with a tattoo right were a tummy tuck scar would be. Looked good. I might wait until I get plastics which I hope is in the next year or so.
Christine  "Life is like a jar of jalapenos.  What you
do today, might burn your ass tomorrow".
Check out www.dsfacts.com for information on Duodenal Switch

Dionysus
on 4/18/11 7:54 pm
Most Active