workmens comp

juba21133
on 4/22/11 11:04 pm - new iberia, LA
hello,
            does anyone know of workmens comp payn for the gastric bypass? .please let me be blessed
Lifztooshort
on 4/22/11 11:30 pm
I am not an expert but workers compensation would not pay for GB.  I can't see any reason obesity could be tied to accident at work.  I guess if you were already out on WC and gained weight due to immobility then possibly.  I have Disability Insurance and Supplemental Medical Rider that I have been told is going to help.  But it is elective coverage I have paid for and had for over 3 years.  If you have Disability Insurance then call and ask.  Some employers provide it to all employees.  Most all coverages have pre-existing condition clause.  Hence, most folks have to have had the coverage for at least a year to rule out any of those issues.
Zan - Life's too short...        
Believe in yourself and seek clarity.  Be your own advocate because it is your life and your body.

bowknot
on 4/22/11 11:33 pm

Workmen's comp is for people who get injured or sick because of something at work.  You'd be hard pressed to make a case for it to pay for bariatric surgery. 

Each state and company's coverage is different, you need to understand your plan as well.

juba21133
on 4/22/11 11:38 pm - new iberia, LA
thank yall for the info.i had a fall at work n have gained alot of weight due to i cant walk .my lawyer is taking w/c to court.i met with the lawyer from w/c n told my lawyer if she finds such a case as mine they would pay for it
juba21133
on 4/22/11 11:38 pm - new iberia, LA
it's louisiana w/c
juba21133
on 4/22/11 11:40 pm - new iberia, LA
i have dis.with my job .but cant get that dis. and workmens at the same time
SugarGrl
on 4/23/11 5:06 am
Workers' Comp is for injuries sustained at work. WLS will not be covered under WC. 

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!  LET'S GET HEALTHY!     STARTING WEIGHT 211.8, SURGERY 23 MAR 11; ONEDERLAND 30 MAR 11 199.2                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

Most Active