Question for Cyclists

So Blessed!
on 5/5/11 11:38 pm

I need to buy a bike rack for my car.  I'd like one that mounts on the trunk and will be carrying two bicycles. 

Any recommendations?
ChristineB
on 5/6/11 1:51 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
I have a Saris Bones. It was what my bike shop recommended for my vehicle to mount on the trunk. They mounted it for the first time. I found it to be a little hard to remember the steps to put it on so I took pictures of it to keep with the directions and that helps. It is a strudy rack and handles two bikes.

I would say find a good bike shop and go in and ask questions as to what they would recommend.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

So Blessed!
on 5/6/11 2:11 am

Thanks, Christine.  I went online to look and was overwhelmed by the sheer number of choices.  It's nice to hear someone's first hand experiences.
ChristineB
on 5/6/11 2:21 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
I work for a police department and we have a Saris for when we drive our bike officers to a distant location. Also my chief and his wife are avid bicyclists and Iron Man competitors (both) and they also have a Saris for their vehicle.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

So Blessed!
on 5/6/11 2:37 am

I just called the bike shop down the street from where we live and they have them in stock.  We'll take a look at one over the weekend. 

Thanks again! 
Smardeepants
on 5/6/11 3:49 am
My husband and I are both cyclists and do triathlons. We both have nice road bikes AND mountain bikes and drive up to 50 or 60 miles for events.

We bought one from Walmart for use with our minivan, and haven't had any problems. It's a great bargain-priced rack that does the job well.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Cycle-Force-Rax-Deluxe-3-Bike-Trunk-Car-Rack/13258565

So Blessed!
on 5/6/11 4:57 am

Thank you!
Most Active