Food Won... raw baby carrots vs the pouch

(deactivated member)
on 5/6/11 9:12 am - Santa Cruz, CA
 Raw veggies can do this to anyone;  this is what is known as "stuck".  The "foamies" are what happens when you get "stuck", and your mouth starts producing mega amounts of saliva to wash down the food, but there's no where for it to go so you start spitti ng it out.

The only defense is to pay attention to your intake and not eat too fast.  Called "mindful eating".

Don't worry, you'll be able to eat baby carrots, just not gobble them down!!
MsBatt
on 5/6/11 11:07 am
Your profile doesn't say which form of WLS you're planning, so be advised---this is strictly a stoma issue. If you have the Sleeve or the DS, you won't HAVE a stoma for things to get stuck in.
samsander
on 5/6/11 7:08 am - CA
OMG... I had the worse time ever with raw baby carrots!!!!!! Thought I would die!

It passes ... but it HURTS LIKE HELL until then!!!!!

Mary SW 273  CW 158  GW 160

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/6/11 7:12 am
Yeap. Raw carrots... Devil. Not my friend either

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

jenysez1
on 5/6/11 11:25 am - LA
I am having a RNY in mid-june,
Laura S.
on 5/6/11 12:21 pm
Not fun at all, feel better!

Laura

Joy D.
on 5/6/11 1:09 pm - Hamilton, Canada
  Thank you !!!  
This is so good to know I'm not along with this same issue, the other night i fed my hamster a baby carrot, so i thought to my self i would  try and see if i can eat them raw as i didn't have any probs  with them cooked in mixed veggies, well OMFG i thought i was  gonna die with the amount of tummy chest pain, finely the foamies had me up twice to the bathroom just spitting after about 2ish hours it must have past as i did  get  some sleep, so now i get  so scared to try new foods =(

thanks again letting me know I'm not alone, 1 day at a time for me 

Joy

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers

Most Active