How do you stop the weight loss?

ladynvstig8r
on 5/7/11 5:09 am - Springfield, MA
Hi All,

I am very close to my weight loss goal and love the size 10 I'm in.  My question is...How do you stop the weight loss when your satisfied with the way your body looks and feels? 

SW 257   CW 153.8 GW 160

(deactivated member)
on 5/7/11 5:13 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
Adjust your caloric increase slowly until you find what number helps you to maintain.
Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 5/7/11 5:33 am - Belleville, IL
What pumpkin said...
Just because we had surgery, the old truism still applies. LOW calories and MORE exercise equals weight LOSS, upping the calories and less exercise equals stabilization or gain.

Simple physics.

Warmly,
Jackie

(deactivated member)
on 5/7/11 5:41 am, edited 5/7/11 5:41 am - San Diego, CA
In addition to increasing calories, you can also begin to include more healthy carbs in your diet (fruits, vegetables, legumes, oatmeal, etc.).  I have been on maintenance for over 15 months and it was a lot of trial and error at first.  If you do not food journal, this is a great time to start so you can see what works and what may need adjusting to maintain your desired weight. I use myfitnesspal.com. Congrats on reaching your own personal goal.  That is fabulous! 
Mary Catherine
on 5/7/11 7:46 am
 The weight loss will stop whether you increase calories or not.  The body does stop losing on its own.  Your appetite will naturally increase.  You will normally stay stable at a low weight until at least 18 months.  There is a point when bounceback weight gains occurs and that is usually about 20 pounds.  That happens between eighteen months and thirty six months out.

Most people lost most of their weight during the first six or seven months after surgery. 

My surgeon advises us to go 20 or 30 pounds under the goal where we want to remain for life.  That is to allow for bounceback weight.  

It is very normal to look too skinny during the second year after surgery.  It is extremely rare for any of us to still be too skinny by the end of the third year.

Julie R.
on 5/7/11 8:01 am - Ludington, MI
 I agree with Marycatherine.   I wouldn't try to stop it unless you are below a healthy BMI range.   You're going to have bounceback.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

(deactivated member)
on 5/7/11 1:52 pm
sometimes you can't. I can't.

Julie R.
on 5/7/11 9:18 pm - Ludington, MI
 That's because you've lost so much brain matter along with it.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Most Active