7 months out and loosing and regaining the same 3 pounds for almost a month now

wendyg93
on 5/11/11 12:35 pm
I am now 7 months out and for the last month I have lost and regained the same 3 pounds over and over! I have upped my exercise, but I still can't seem to get past this! I was just wondering if this was normal? I am really worried! In the whole 1st 6 months I lost every week, it may not have been very much every week, but hey a loss is a loss, but now, what?
Talk2me
on 5/11/11 3:23 pm - CA
RNY on 11/10/10 with
I am almost 6 months out and I am having the same thing.  I will gain 3-5 pounds, lose it in a couple days.. thought it was PMS, but it is gettting old.  Measuring my food, but it seems the more stressed I am, the more I feel the need to eat... 

Ladytazz
on 5/11/11 4:20 pm
I don't have it in front of me but I have tracked my weight daily since right after my surgery and I know that things definitely slowed down after the 6Th month and I remember one month after that where I didn't lose much if anything.  I did reach my first goal at 6 1/2 months and now, at 9 1/2 months I am almost at my final goal.  I am averaging about 1lb a week now, give or take.
I don't know how much you have left to lose but as long as you are still following the rules and aren't eating too much you should still be losing weight.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

girlygirl1313
on 5/11/11 9:59 pm - Davidson, NC
 It's very normal.  It is the reason why many of us whom haven't thrown our scale out the window yet at least hide it for a week at a time :)  Here's my pattern: loose 4, gain 3, loose 4, gain 2, loose 3.  And these aren't daily gains and loses.  Each # takes a few days, even up to a week to work out YAY!   ~GG

Mary Catherine
on 5/11/11 10:51 pm
 Everyone is different.  

Average weight loss after RNY is 100 pounds in one year

Month 1  -   20 pounds

Months 2 –  6  10 pounds per month

Months 6 – 12 - 5 pounds per month

jdance
on 5/12/11 2:45 am - Canada
I found after 6 months, i was losing about 6lbs a month.  I try not to weigh more than twice a week, because it gets depresssing. AS long as I'm losing per month then i'm happy with that.

I also found that alot of carbs were creeping back into my diet after 6 months and that i had to carb purges once a month to get that weight off. Maybe try the 5 day pouch test to kick start you again.

VictoriousSecret
on 5/12/11 3:01 am
I'm in a major slow down too. Don't stress yourself over it! That makes it worse!

I am just re-evaluating my diet and exercise to make sure I'm staying on track. I had heard that at 6 months, I'd need to step up my game to get half the results I got during the first 3 months or so. Just part of the journey, right? Good luck to you!

Temporarily holding on losing more because I'm gaining!  Pregnant with my first baby (a boy!) due June 2013, after two rounds of IVF.  SO GRATEFUL!

Julie6
on 5/12/11 11:32 pm
I'm doing the same exact thing.  Ugh!!  I hate it!!  Makes you want to throw in the towel, doesn't it? 
Julie Sadek    
Most Active