corn?

R. Duenaz
on 5/14/11 8:57 am
Can we or cant we have corn...my pre op classes said no but my wls for dummies book doesnt mention it.... im 8 months out and want to know if anyone has had any issues with corn and peas i had rny by the way...

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 5/14/11 9:11 am
Follow the instructions given by your surgeon's office

Winnie

itsmichelle2you
on 5/14/11 9:17 am - Louisville, KY
sfmini
on 5/14/11 9:43 am
Mine hasn't said one way or the other, I have eaten it with no problem but I had the VSG so it could be dependant on what surgery you had.
Corn does have a high glycemic index though so you should eat in moderation if you do eat it.

southernlady5464
on 5/14/11 10:01 am
Corn is a high carb and even before surgery doesn't digest well.... Now, with my innards, I am sure it will just go right thru me so why bother. It's one veggy I'm not even gonna worry about.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

Amy R.
on 5/14/11 10:14 am
At 8 months out, you CAN have whatever you want.

Some people have trouble with corn, so you'll probably want to try only a little at a time at first. Also if you're counting carbs (I don't so I don't really know) I think it's a relatively high carb veggie.

Ultimately, you can do whatever you want by 8 months. You just have to make the decision when/if you want to introduce certain foods/drinks into your diet. If you're really in doubt, wait until Monday and give you surgeon's office a call. =)
MsBatt
on 5/14/11 10:25 am
I love fresh corn on the cob---had an ear at lunch, in fact.

Corn is a whole grain, and has a lot of fiber. It also has a butt-load of SUGAR. (Think "high fructose corn syrup". Yep, made from corn. *grin*) It's not especially nutritious, but it won't harm you. Figure it into your daily calories, and eat it if you want to. Sometimes there's just nothing like a fresh cob of corn and a vine-ripened tomato!

Most Active