corn?

R. Duenaz
on 5/14/11 8:57 am
i am currently 8 months post op...in our nutrion class pre op we where told we could NEVER eat corn because it could get stuck in our small intestine...but in my book wls for dummies they never mentioned that we could not have it...i had not eaten it since my surgery until today...i could not resist making one of my favorite mothers recipes of south western style corn and zucchini...i made sure to thoroughly chew my corn...has anyone had any issues with corn or peas??...i find i have not had any issues with any of the food we where told not to have.....except for sugar thank god im not a sweets person...ive been good i swear but i have tested/tasted taken baby bites of what i was told not to have...i know bad me...i have stayed away from 98% percent of what i was told to stay away from breads, pastas, sugars, alcohol....

Koko10
on 5/14/11 9:43 am - NC
I have had corn and corn on the cob. My DH said that I could have anything except sugar of course. It's a starch so we have to be careful not to eat it too often. I haven't had a problem with it at all and the corn on the cob was delicious! I've also had peas as well with no problem. I only have problems with greasy foods and sugar.

Height 5'0 HW-247; SW- 238; GW-140  

(deactivated member)
on 5/14/11 11:50 am
I think Koko said it very well...  That is my experience as well.
msromagnola
on 5/14/11 12:14 pm
Me too - I've eaten corn many ways.  I wouldn't want to eat it everyday nor tons of it, but I would sure hate to have to exclude this delicious thing - especially fresh corn on the cob!    I was never told not to eat it.  I've also had no problems eating the corn - nor peas. 

I didn't try it early on, but later.

MSROMAGNOLA
MsBatt
on 5/14/11 12:27 pm
Unless you have a stricture, corn is no more likely to "get stuck" in your small intestine now than it was before you had surgery.

Sheesh---some of the things those NUTS tell people!
Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 5/15/11 3:56 am
I had no issues at all and was eating dried corn products (grits, polenta and pop corn) one month out. I didn't have corn on the cob until later on. I had a lot of food sensitivities early out and couldn't eat much, corn was one of the few things that didn't irritate me.
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

Most Active