Refried beens--9 day out from surgery

tammyd1962
on 5/17/11 11:10 am
Hey everyone... 9 days from surgery... doing great.  this week it say i can have refried beans... and black beans.  do you think it would hurt me to put garlic powder on my refried beans??  they are a bit bland just out of the can.  Thoughts??? 
   Thanks! Tammy

KathyA999
on 5/17/11 11:17 am
I don't see why not, unless you've developed an intolerance.  Try with just a little and see how it goes.  Good luck, and glad to hear you're doing great.

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

kathkeb
on 5/17/11 1:01 pm
Dry seasoning should be fine --- I also added a few drops of the liquid from picante sauce to my soups and mushies to give them some flavor.

I was so sick of the sweet taste of protein shakes that I needed something savory.
Kath

missnanajean
on 5/17/11 9:21 pm - Friendswood, TX
I mixed lofat refried beans Fage greek yogurt salsa and guacamole . So at 2 weeks out I had like a layered dip without the chips, lots of fiber protein and vitamins, Yummmm!   Also made cheesecake with greek yogurt  total 0% and SF Jello cheesecake flavor pudding mix, also yummy!
  Miss  Jean   
tammyd1962
on 5/18/11 12:37 am

Thanks everyone!!  i will try it today!

mom23littlens
on 5/20/11 11:43 am - PA
I put a little mild taco sauce on mine and a little shredded chesse and a dollop of sour cream low far of course and they were great .

Most Active