More On the "Is Obesity Contagious?" Controversy

Batwingsman
on 5/21/11 11:12 am - Garland, TX

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

Raze
on 5/21/11 3:30 pm
of course its contagious

been trying to tell people i became obese by sitting next to one of my fat friends all my life, but no one believes me! 

IMO

elixir
on 5/21/11 5:05 pm - MI
None of my friends are overweight so I can't fall back on that as an excuse. I like to blame my ex who has a ridiculous metabolism that burns every calorie he eats before it even touches his lips. He eats constantly and does not make the best food choices. Lots of fast food, lots of eating out. When we were together it seemed that he was constantly feeding me and the weight started to pile on. I thought that maybe it was just me, but his last two girlfriends, both of whom were slim when he started dating them, are pork chops now as well. He mentioned to me recently that his current girlfriend is struggling to get the weight off. I told him they should break up so she can stop trying to keep up with his eating habits. I was only half-kidding. 

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

no_more_rolls
on 5/21/11 10:32 pm - Jackson, MI
Maybe there is some truth to that?  I just know when I hang out with my fat friends (primarily the ones that are happy with themselves/weight) they want to go out to eat.  We do no****ch what we eat and will often have dessert too.  When I hang out with my thinner friends, we seldom ever go out to eat...and we skip dessert.  I tend to be pickier on what I choose to eat with them too because I don't want to "look" poorly in their opinions or have them think oh so that is why she is F@T!  My chubby friends have told me they don't mind eating around me, but feel uncomfortable eating around our thinner friends.  Hmmm...so maybe some truth?  This is just MY experience...I know everyone's is different.
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

Most Active