Thanks to each and every one of you!

DeeDee M.
on 6/9/11 2:40 am - WI

This website was recommended to me by a nutritionist that I'm working with since I'm an hour away from all the support groups that I've been able to find.  I want to thank everyone for the questions, advice, stories, comments, etc that you post.  I've been reading many of your posts and have had several questions answered by doing so.  Since I can't get to a support group this is truly the next best thing. 

Yesterday I got the green light from my oncologist that I can proceed with my WLS.  My husband and I are doing the surgery together and support each other tremendously.  Our insurance has approved our surgery due to health issues however we still need to complete all the preliminary requirements which we are doing.  We hope to be able to schedule our surgery for July or August.  Our surgery day won't come soon enough for me.

I do have one question.  Every time I went on a diet and lost weight in the past, I ended up with kidney stones.  Some say that I probably didn't drink enough water.  I drank 64 ounces or more every day and continued to do so even after the diet failed.  The stones were analyzed and always came back as being calcium.  I afraid to take calcium supplements!  Has anyone else encountered this problem?

DeeDee
So Blessed!
on 6/9/11 3:21 am

Have you ever had your calcium levels checked?
DeeDee M.
on 6/9/11 8:18 am - WI
I'm sure it's been checked by my Urologist but I am going to question it the next time I see him.
DeeDee
MsBatt
on 6/9/11 6:20 am
I'm not an expert on this---thank goodness I've never had a kidney stone! But if you'll go over to the DS board ( www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ds/ ) and look for a poster named MsCalCulator, she can tell you a LOT about calcium kidney stones. Turns out you might do better when you ARE taking calcium supplements, as long as you're taking calcium CITRATE, not calcium CARBONATE.
DeeDee M.
on 6/9/11 8:20 am - WI
Kidney stones are by far one of the most painful things I've had the opportunity to experience hence my fear of calcium.  I will look for the poster that you mentioned.  Thanks for the info.
DeeDee
Most Active