Some of the reason why I lost weight!

Suzanne B.
on 6/12/11 2:13 pm - OR
Hi Everyone,

These are some of the reason why I lost weight.

70. So I don't crave wintertime, so I can hide under big jackets and sweaters.
71. So I don't think mean thoughts when I see skinny women.
72. So my doctor will never say, "you really need to lose some weight" to me ever again, but instead says nothing more than "see you next year".
73. So no one will ever again ask me "when is your baby due", and I'm not pregnant.
74. So people in the supermarket don't look in my cart when they think I'm not looking, to see what a "fat person" eats.
75. So I look lean, mean and powerful.
76. So I can say my weight out loud with pride.
77. So the old pictures of the fat lady at the circus don't look like me.
78. So I can say to other people who are overweight, hey, I was there once too, and maybe help them get to where they want to be.
79. So I don't wonder if people are saying, "what is HE doing with HER "? (My honey is skinny and can eat anything)
80. So I don't have to worry about my bathroom scales breaking.
81. So I am in control of what exercise I choose and not what I am able to do as of being so over weight.
82. So I don't have to give excuses for being over weight.
83. So I can shave my legs in a shower without gashing myself because I can't see around my fat.
84. So I can ride a horse again!
85. So I can go out fishing with friends, and not be scared to walk inside the boat because I'm so heavy I will tip it.
86. To be able to go canoeing, and my end doesn't sink real low while the other person is almost in the air.
87. So my Grandchildren never remember me as fat.
88. So I can stand up in a boat again, with balance and grace, instead of hanging onto the sides and wondering how I'll get back in if I fall out.
89. So I can boat out to the middle of a lake and go swimming, and be able to pull myself back in the boat.
90. No more "beached whale" comments, anywhere.
91. So I can go into public and not care what type of looks I get.
92. So I can sit on a bar stool and I'm actually sitting ON it, not on it and around it too.
93. So a regular towel goes all the way around me, and maybe even looks cute.
94. So my socks pull all the way up.
95. So I can hug my knees to my chest again, and it’s comfortable.
96. So I can sit on a chair, and have my feet on that chair too, and not be sitting on them.
97. So I can wear a low cut sweater and my collarbones show.
98. So I can wear a light blouse or sweater, and there aren't dents where my bra straps are.
99. So I don't have to worry about arthritis or joint replacement when I get older.
100. So furniture doesn't groan when I sit on it, or wear out long before it should because I'm too heavy.
101. So I never have to look at someone else with envy again, thinking, "Wow, I wish I was that thin".
102. I want to lose weight so that my breasts stick out more than my stomach and not the other way around.
103. I can sit comfortably in the lawn chair all the way instead of sitting on the edge and the arms
pinching me.
104. I can fit into the theatre seats comfortably.
105. I can sit at the booth OR table in the restaurant. I don't have to be embarrassed because I need a
table.
106. I can look straight down and see my toes instead of bending over to see them.
107. I can bend over comfortably to tie my shoes.

Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
(deactivated member)
on 6/12/11 4:01 pm - San Diego, CA
Excellent, positive post Suzanne!  And boy I can really relate to most of your list. Congrats on your success. :)
Kathleen W.
on 6/12/11 9:29 pm - Lancaster, PA
Here's some more:
1) To sit in airplane seat, buckle up and not use an extender,
2) To be able to cross my legs like a lady,
3)To be able to go to regular dress sizes instead of wondering if the biggest size will fit,
4) Going to a restaurant and not have people stare at what you're eating,
5) To be able to sit in a ride at the amusement park and not get stuck,
6) Pulling the steering wheel of the car so you can see over the dashboard,
7) Having a cute young man check my ass out,
8) Not being the fattest person in the room,
9) Not hearing all the nasty, snide little remarks behind my back that they think I don't hear.
10)Having an hour glass figure, and
11)  Looking in the mirror and knowing that I'm cute as a button.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

Suzanne B.
on 6/13/11 1:31 am - OR
Hi Kathleen,

Boy I can relate to people stare at what I am eating and how little I eat.  The server always asks "didn't you like it."  I guess they are used to everyone who inhales ALL the food. My ansewer to them, is I loved it, I just don't eat a lot of food.

You look amazing and you are so cute.  Thanks for the reply.

Hugs,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
Helen S.
on 6/13/11 1:19 pm - TX
 I CAN'T WAIT til all of those situations are in my past!!! I have to admit, #86 made me chuckle, funny visual. 
Suzanne B.
on 6/14/11 12:54 am - OR
Hi Hlen,

How are you doing?  It has been a little busy around my house.  I am a 1st Aid and CPR Instrustor and I have been doing a class everyday it seems like.  I am off to do a class this morning for some of the students at the local High School.

We all have our reasons why we want to lose weight.  At first my health wasn't the main reason.  I just  wanted to look good again.  I wanted to buy clothes like other ladies did--boy have I been doing a lot of that.  Then I was able to do that and I also have much better health now.  It is amazing how good it does feel when you start to lose the wiehgt.

Hope you are moving forward.

Hus, Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
Most Active