Last stupid 20 pounds

JenBen72
on 6/16/11 11:05 am - Salt Lake City, UT
Sooo close but so far away...my surgeon says I can get plastics as soon as I lose about  16-18 pounds...but I have been at a plateau for over a month? I have upped my exercise and advice veteran weight loss warriors? I had my surgery February of 2010.

Jennifer

Christian I.
on 6/16/11 11:44 am - TX
Hey Jenster!

I know that this is would be like a ninja-level, zen-meditation challenge, but JUST WAIT.  It will happen....actually by working out, you're adding muscle weight, so stick to swiming and light aerobics...maybe try yoga, which is good for the mind.

Congrats! almost there!
Dave Chambers
on 6/16/11 8:11 pm - Mira Loma, CA
The local plastic surgeons who work with wt loss patients tend to have a couple of rules for almost all patients. Stable wt for at least 6 months and you need to be at least 18 months post op, with rare exceptions.  Just because you get to a specific wt, and get surgery, you body will likely change shape somewhat in coming months, and you'll likely find issues you don't like about your plastic surgery. There have been a couple of post ops in my support groups who got surgery early by hunting for a surgeon that would do plastics early, only to end up going back for a "tune  up" surgery to fix the issues they note as their body change slightly. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

siberiancat
on 6/17/11 8:02 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
I lost my last 20 in the second year post op.

I'm 3 weeks post op from fleur de lis tummy tuck and brachioplasty.  Don't be in a hurry.  Be at goal and maintaining for awhile.

The plastic surgery (at least for me) has been a difficult recovery.  You need to be stable, in good shape, good labs, getting lots of protein in and off the white carbs.

Plastics especially tummy tuck is a major surgery and you need to do your research.  When you are researching post on the plastic surgery board.  Good info there.

Best wishes.
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

JenBen72
on 6/21/11 3:28 pm - Salt Lake City, UT
Thanx guys! Sounds like great advice I'll take it easy on the plastics worrying and keep enjoying the gym :) I sure love zumba!!! You guys are awesome!
Most Active