Maybe some helpful hints

Suzanne B.
on 6/18/11 2:38 pm, edited 6/18/11 2:40 pm - OR
Hi Everyone,   I have been reading a few articles. I can’t say for sure if these actually work, but they are worth giving them a try.  

I have heard sooooooo many people talk about dealing with anxiety. The article suggest that if you have nagging worries have you down, try soaking a washcloth in ice water and holding it to the back of your neck for 5 minutes. The cold temperature constricts blood vessels and slows down circulation to the head, decreasing activity in the brain’s stress-storing region, so you’re able to squash anxiety.  

The next article I read suggested that if you have nagging thoughts to eat a tuna sandwich. The article said that science has found that when you eat a tuna sandwich.  The fish is rich in taurine, a nutrient that calms the nervous system and helps turn off racing thoughts.  

Now as I said before I have NO proof that these two things work, but I thought it was worth mentioning. I read these articles in “Woman’s World" Magazine.    
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
mollypitcher08
on 6/19/11 7:20 am
Suzanne:  Thanks for the info! I have heard that tuna is good for alot of things  so this is one more to add .  Good ways and possibly better than taking drugs for anxiety! Thanks again.  Mary
Suzanne B.
on 6/19/11 3:29 pm - OR
Hi Mary,

Your welcome.  I am like you if I can find something other than drugs to help that is always my first option.

Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
Most Active