Recovering From Colon Removal and I am Now to Thin

stargazerdiana
on 6/23/11 11:53 am
I had my colon removed on 06/07, RNY on 04/12/10, gallbladder removal, hernia repair and lesion removal on 09/11/10 and I am 12 parts less than I was born with. Basically my abdomen is empty. I now weigh less than I want to weigh but due to the nature of the colon removal it might be awhile before I quit loosing, stabilize and regain to 120 pounds (I am at 110 pounds now).

I was really afraid to have my colon removed but so far no complications other than going all the time. I have had 3 open incisions and the colon removal increased my previous incisions to my pubic bone and then I have a Cesarean incision across the bikini line. All of that equals 26 inches.

I never in my life thought I was too thin until now. I don't want to be a size x-small or a size 4. I was very happy in an 8.

It is very hard to merge the RNY diet with the Colon Removal diet. Basically I am drinking 52 protein grams and I can eat 1 frozen diet meal if I divide it in 2 and yogurt. Food only stays with me about 30 minutes. I had to change all of my vitamins to chewables because pills are not digested.

My legs are weak and I am very tired all the time. I can't stand not being able to do anything because of pain and tiredness.

Sorry for complaining but it has been 15 months of recovery.

Lynn5707
on 6/23/11 12:20 pm - IN
I just want to say i am sorry you have gone thru all of this. (((hugs))).

Sugar Mama
on 6/23/11 1:03 pm - amityville, NY
((((Hugs))))
MacMadame
on 6/23/11 6:24 pm - Northern, CA
Sounds like you might have to drink more of your calories... if you are are mostly getting your calories from protein drinks, then maybe it's time to move to the meal replacement ones that body builders use that have more carbs and fat. They aren't recommended for WLS peeps because it's assumed we are getting carbs and fat from other sources, but it sounds like you aren't.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

DixieDarling
on 6/24/11 3:10 am - Douglasville, GA
You definitely don't have to apologize for complaining!  You deserve that option and more.  Very sorry to hear about your health.  Was your colon surgery as a result of the RNY?  You will be in my thoughts;  Do you have someone at your home or close by that is able to assist you or do you have other home health care?  If not, you may want to contact your local church to see if they would help you line that up.  Good Luck and keep your SPIRIT!
Most Active