Revision from LB To RNY Approved and scheduled!

Duck_Girl
on 6/22/11 10:07 am
I had my lapband in april of 2008 and thought it was the best thing ever... Until 1/2011 when I started sliming and unable to hold food down. The doctors said whoops a slip.. after multiple attempts to heal and refill.. April 2011 another slip.

My surgeon refused to revise me on the grounds that I was too young and still active enough to continue with a band (she wanted to replace it) She chose not to revise me. I left and went to another surgeon *****viewed my chart and immediately said he would do RNY for me.

After losing 113 lbs with the band and getting within 9 pounds of my goal weight.. I have regained 35lbs back.

I was approved by aetna for my revision and it was scheduled today for July12TH!!

Cant wait :) 

Phyllis C.
on 6/22/11 10:19 am
I wish some of these Drs could experience the pain they want to inflict on others.  I doubt if they had to live one day in the shoes of a band gone bad pt., they would ever suggest such torture again.

Congratulations, you will receive much support from those of us who have been throught it.  Best of luck and July 12th is very close.

Phyllis
"Me agreeing with you doesn't preclude you from being a deviant."

(deactivated member)
on 6/22/11 10:47 am

Love you & so excited you were approved for revision !!!!!!

Duck_Girl
on 6/22/11 10:57 am
There you are

I knew you'd turn up :) 

Stacey-71
on 6/22/11 10:32 pm - OH
I had my band placed in September 2008 and had a slip 7 mns out. Then another "presumed slip" just before my surgeon decided to revise me to RNY!  It has been great so far! It was soooo weird to be able to take my meds and drink fluids as easily as I could....I never experienced that with the band! Especially early on! And you don't have that "tightness" in the mornings to where you have to wait to eat or drink! It is wonderful and freeing!! Good Luck to You!

Tonya0531
on 6/22/11 10:56 pm - Lake, MS
Congratulations!!!  It was the best thing ever.
Tonya
HW: 274  PreOp Diet: 271  Surgery: APRIL 25, 2011   
LilySlim - (6Jve)
I love my new life!!!
Zee Starrlite
on 6/23/11 2:14 am
Good luck with your revision hun!

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Most Active