NSV...People noticing

Dee2011
on 6/22/11 7:23 am - PA
I ran into a friend this afternoon that I haven't seen since before surgery; (4/8/11) she couldn't believe the weight I've lost and how I look.  A store clerk also commentedafter she asked to see my license.  While I can feel it in my clothes, they are really starting hang on me; I can't really see it.  Has anyone else had this experience?  I am down 33# since surgery and 50# since the first time I saw the surgeon.
Bralen
on 6/22/11 8:40 am
It first happened to me after I had lost about 55 pounds. It was bittersweet. I'm still in fat girl mode where I don't want anyone to notice me but I was glad my hard work was showing.

Congratulations
Start weight 263     Surgery weight 247  
spedcon
on 6/22/11 9:41 am
Hi Dee,
It feels great to be noticed when you have worked so hard. Of course, there will come a time when everyone yells "OMG, you have lost so much weight" or "hi skinny" or "what are you doing to lose so much weight"...lol, then you wi**** would stop.  Congratulations, you are doing well!   Connie
Duck_Girl
on 6/22/11 10:25 am
Thats a great feeling. Each time I hit a milestone I would go out and buy one outfit that made me feel like a new women. Its definetly a confidence booster when others comment :) 

Kathleen W.
on 6/22/11 10:40 am - Lancaster, PA
I love these NSV much more than the scale.  Where as the scales can either stall out or slight gain,  peoples reactions put us into a lot better from of mind.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

Most Active