HELP!!!! I need answers!!!!!

Carolyn D.
on 6/24/11 2:50 pm - NC
Hi,
I need an answer to a question.  I am 6 days out and I just mistakenly swollowed a sugar free jolly rancher!!!!   OMG!  What will happen????  Please advise!!    Thank you!!
Judi J.
on 6/24/11 2:57 pm - MN
if you can breathe and drink water, it should dissolve and you should be fine

you could drink some hot tea if you want it to dissolve faster

that is why i was terrified to chew gum for the first 2 years, I was afraid I'd swallow it.

hang in there
Carolyn D.
on 6/24/11 3:06 pm - NC
I think I was trying so hard to be careful, that I just swallowed it involuntarily.  Good grief!!  I tried to vomit but couldnt get it to come out.  I can breathe, and drink water so I guess I'm ok.   Thank you so much for responding. I really didn't want to call the doc at one in the am on Saturday with this.   Have a great weekend!!!
Carolyn
Judi J.
on 6/24/11 8:55 pm - MN
I was thinking that vomiting that hard little thing up could hurt! Glad you are ok!!
Dave Chambers
on 6/24/11 3:26 pm - Mira Loma, CA
More than likely you won't be able to vomit.  Just be aware of how you're chewing/eating.  Many people have distractions from interruptions while eating.   Telephone, TV programs, laughing while eating, reactions to converstations, etc. cause many to swallow food too quickly, not chew enough, get food stuck, drink fluids without thinking during the meal, etc.  During the first few weeks, some post ops eat away from family and interruption, eating in a room with no TV, no phone, etc. This way they can learn to concentrate on taking small bites, chewing well, etc.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

tinamarie_125
on 6/24/11 10:01 pm
How scary! Glad you are ok. Those things are good though aren't they.
Most Active