1 year...... pics...before and now

Maria612
on 6/26/11 1:16 am
I am on my way to work, and wont be home till nite, but wanted to share my 1 year update.  I have lost 131 pounds, am off insulin, blood pressure now low, feel better mentally and physically. I can walk, dance, cross my legs, feel like I fit in, and finally be at peace with myself.  I am so grateful to have my surgery.  I could not figure out how to post before and afters but they are in my profile, my son put them there.  I wont be able to comment till I get home from work :)  I hope if you are considering any surgery, do your research, ask questions, talk to your dr.  I still have a hard time wrapping my head around this weight loss, and still have a fat head. Good luck to anyone starting out on this incredible journey, and as they say,  WHAT A RIDE!!!   Thank you for reading.  maria
SW / CW / GW
327/203/ 180  
spedcon
on 6/26/11 1:37 am
Congratulations Maria!
Your story sounds a lot like mine...I no longer have to use insulin, blood pressure fine etc...It is awesome! I also relate to, "feel like I fit in". That's one of my favorite things! I love to just blend in now or feel secure when I walk into new situations!

Way to go! I looked at your pictures and you are doing great! You have beautiful kids! Hope you had a good day at work and come home to find all of us cheering you on.       Connie
Maria612
on 6/26/11 11:57 pm
thanks Connie, it was nice to wake up this morning and read these.  XOXO maria
SW / CW / GW
327/203/ 180  
martitalinda
on 6/26/11 1:51 am
 Maria ... how AWESOME!!!! you look FABULOUS and what a lovely family you have ... your DD looks like your twin .... and the guys are just way too handsome.  CONGRATS!!!! What a ride indeed!!!!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Maria612
on 6/27/11 12:03 am
SW / CW / GW
327/203/ 180  
Duck_Girl
on 6/26/11 2:24 am
You look amazing and yes your daughter is your twin! So pretty :) Congrats.

Cierra123
on 6/26/11 2:28 am - Dyersburg, TN
Way to go!  You look great!

no_more_rolls
on 6/26/11 9:18 am - Jackson, MI
 Remarkable success!  You should be proud....congrats 
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

Maria612
on 6/26/11 11:58 pm

thank you all for taking the time to post.  maria

SW / CW / GW
327/203/ 180  
Most Active