Hernia surgery tomorrow

DixieDarling
on 6/29/11 4:44 am - Douglasville, GA
I've developed an intestional hernia and will be having surgery tomorrow (hopefully laproscopy).  Has anyone had this surgery and how did the recovery go?
LibitCS
on 6/29/11 6:58 am - OH
When I had my RNY, the surgeon found a hernia.  He stitched it up while he was in there.  Because I was having my plumbing re-routed at the same time, it's hard for me to know what pain was from the RNY & what was from the hernia.  But I had a lot of problems bending (sitting down and getting up and getting into and out of bed) which I think were due to the hernia.  We actually ended up buying one of those chairs that stands you up because I would get stuck and need help when no one was around.  But -- all that having been said -- I don't know much about how mine is similar or different from yours.  So I am going to hope that you have far less pain and inconvenience than I did.

Good luck!!
annette R.
on 6/29/11 9:17 am - ithaca, NY
I've had THREE hernia surgeries in the past 5 years. Recovery wasn't bad, just had to be careful with the lifting limits. The last time, my surgeon inserted mesh to hold me together. That was a bit more complicated but still better than living with the hernias.

Get up and walk around a bit as soon as you are allowed. That helps get rid of the residual gas and you will feel stronger more quickly.

Best of luck.
Annette
 Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

Most Active