very slow weight loss 9 months out!

wendyg93
on 7/5/11 4:47 am
I am 9 months out of gastric bypass surgery! The last 2 months I have only lost 5 pounds. I know that I do eat more, and my exercise is moderate, but I have had other people tell me that this is very normal, so I was just wondering if this has happened to anybody else? And if so what did you do to get over it?
Kathleen W.
on 7/5/11 7:34 am - Lancaster, PA
What you are going through is very, very, normal.  When you lose a great deal of weight,  your body needs to readjust every so often.  We  all go through it at different stages of our journey.  What you might not realize is that the scale might not be moving down,  more than likely, you are losing inches. Stalls could last 8-10 weeks.  Only our bodies will know.  The best thing we can do is keep doing all the things that we are suppose to. AND DON'T GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

(deactivated member)
on 7/5/11 7:48 am
just be patient, you will lose it, I am 9 months out too and My weight loss has slowed down a lot.. IT is just your body adjusting. Nothing you can do but keep exercising and making good choices. I have been taking in more protein and it looks like it has helped some.
hollykim
on 7/5/11 10:25 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Are you tracking your intake so you know how much you are eating? Enough too much? Are you getting 64+ ounces of fluid a day? very important.

Give us more info and we can help you better. What is a typical menu like for you?
GL

Mary Catherine
on 7/5/11 10:40 am
 Average weight loss after RNY is 100 pounds in one year

Month 1  -   20 pounds

Months 2 –  6  10 pounds per month

Months 6 – 12 - 5 pounds per month

MacMadame
on 7/6/11 3:31 am - Northern, CA
It's common, but it doesn't have to be... I tracked everything the first year and whenever my weight loss slowed down, I'd look over my logs to see what I could improve upon. There was always something that I was slacking off on compared to before my weight loss slowed down.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active