Bummed!!!

Tracy M.
on 7/10/11 1:20 pm - KY
I haven't lost a lb in over a week. Im drinking 2 protein shakes a day to be sure and get my protein in and I eat a little food in between. It's nothing substantial so it shouldn't stop the weight loss. I am less than 4 months out and I hope the weightloss hasn't stopped. I have read that you will lose the first 6 months no matter what. I can't eat but a few bites anyway. The worst things I have eaten is a couple of peanut butter and crackers and a roll once. I know they are no nos but I was hungry and had to eat something. What do you all suggest I do to kick this weight loss back in? I was thinking I could drink a shake in the morning and one at night and eat a yogurt in between for a meal and maybe some lunchmeat and cheese too. I am thinking I am not getting enough calories.

Tracy

Highest known weight- 512
Surgery weight-425
Current Weight- 260

hollykim
on 7/10/11 1:27 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Are you tracking  your menus on something like myfitnesspal.com or the OH tracker? Sound like you are not getting enough calories. aand not enough dense protein.

Are you getting in 64 oz of fluid a day? very important. Why did you have to eat peanut butter and crackers and a roll when you were hungry? Did you not plan ahead so you would have the food items you could eat?

Ideally,you should not have to resort to eating off program if you go prepared everywhere you go.
Good luck and keep us posted
H

Tracy M.
on 7/10/11 1:38 pm - KY
I am definitely getting at least 64 ozs of water. I get at least 80 ozs most days...I ate the pb and crackers because I am never prepared. Most days I just drink the shakes and water and nothing else. I know I need to prepare myself better but sometimes I am not good at it. I am so afraid that anything I eat will hinder my weight loss. I don't want to eat anything but then I do anyway. I only ate 2 pb anbd crackers and 1 roll on a few occasions. I know I need to eat something and those were available at the time.

Tracy

Surgery weight-425
Current Weight- 260

hollykim
on 7/10/11 2:11 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Good on you on the fluids. let's get you prepared. You need a lunch box that is a firly good size. Mine also has a shoulder strap
 In it you need to keep, ALL THE TIME,repack it nightly,
tuna in foil packs
beef/turkey jerky
protein powder in single serve baggies
protein bars.

these are staples and anything else non perishable on your plan or dense protein type.

Each morning add:
Boiled eggs
string cheese
lunch meat and other perishables that you will eat from the box each day by the end of the day.
 You can also include dense protein that you have left over from dinner the night before.

Take the lunch box with you every time you leave the house to go in the car,no matter if you are just going to the corner,you never know what is going to happen each day and you want to be prepared.
While you are out in your car with that lunch box,eat something out of it every 2-3 hours. This keeps your metabolism active and keeps you full so you won't be looking foor something to eat;you have exactly what you need right at hand.

Eating these dense protein items in your lunch box WILL NOT hinder your weight loss. Eating rolls and pb crax and pork skins will hinder your weight loss. You don't need to be afraid to eat dense protein,you DO need to be afraid to eat those other things cause besides having  little protein or nutrition at all really,they are white carbs and cause craving for more white carbs and they are sliders which means they don't give you a full feeling in your sleeve and they move thru quickly leaving you hungry and having an insulin spike. You want to avoid this.

You can eat lots of dense protein items and not gain weight,but will lose.

choose a nutrition tracker,I use the one right here on OH,quick and easy,as good as any of the others and I am on this sight every day so it is a no brainer for me. Start tracking;you will be appalled at how little nutrition you are presently getting. I am glad you are still doing the protein shakes but if you want to drop one ,you are going to have to replace it in dense protein.

Hope this gets you started. If I can help any more please let me know.
GL,
Holly

ruggie
on 7/10/11 1:35 pm, edited 7/10/11 1:36 pm - Sacramento, CA
How many calories does your food journal indicate you've taken in this week?

Also, recommit to throwing away things like crackers and rolls, don't touch them.  Always carry dry protein powder with you so you never have an "excuse" to cheat on these foods.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

Tracy M.
on 7/10/11 1:42 pm - KY
I'M really not tracking anything. I have had 3 protein shakes today..8 ozs skim milk with a scoop or syntrax nectar sweets chocolate truffle and I ate a handful of pork skins and 2 peanut butter and crackers...The shakes just dont so it anymore and I have to eat something. I just need suggestions.

Tracy

Surgery weight-425
Current Weight- 260

ruggie
on 7/10/11 1:52 pm - Sacramento, CA
I suggest you track your food so you can

-Make sure you get enough grams of protein a day
   -Make sure you get enough water per day
   -Discover how many calories you're really taking in
   -Discover how many calories, carbs, and fats from off foods you're eating each week from crackers, peanut butter, pork skins... they add up fast.  

If you need something other than shakes, go back to your healthy protein sources - not carbs.  A ton of people on here will swear up and down that carbs will help to stall you out.  And if you're in a pinch, you just gotta drink the protein shake, not peanut butter crackers.  Some people have found great brands of lean jerky that they chew chew chew on, low sodium ones as well.

But be careful not paying attention to your nutritional intake levels.  Would hate to see you slip and gain weight!!!

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

Tracy M.
on 7/10/11 1:56 pm - KY
I am not gaining at the moment. I stay between 359 and 362. I guess I have lost 1 lb because it was between 360 and 363 a few days ago. I think I am just worrying too much and need to eat a little more and drop the carbs. I just don't cook and thes pb and crackers is something easy.

Tracy

Surgery weight-425
Current Weight- 260

Lorrainecma
on 7/10/11 1:39 pm, edited 7/10/11 1:39 pm
 One week is not bad. My stalls usually last about 2 weeks, and then I will just start losing again. It's really weird because nothing will have changed. I think our bodies just need a bit of a rest.

Don't get discouraged. You will start to lose again. Just stick with the plan. You have done so well!!!
Tracy M.
on 7/10/11 1:43 pm - KY
Thanks Lorraine...I hope youre right. I am so upset by this. I have always lost a few lbs every week. It needs to kick back in real soon before I go nuts..lol

Surgery weight-425
Current Weight- 260

Most Active