Happy sad scared everything all at once

Duck_Girl
on 7/10/11 6:24 pm

sorry if this is long i need to write my thoughts down....

In April 2008 I had my lapband surgery. I wasnt scared at all  I was the happiest camper in the world.  over 2.5 year i went  from 291 to 178. I thought the lapband was the answer for me It seemed I had found the miracle cure for me.

I was npt the type to eat a ton of sweets I don't like candy or sugar but I over ate. Well I had thought like I said I had found the answer. In January of 2011 I could hold food down well and finally went to Dr. Yarbrugh whom I love. Unfortunately he left and I see why he went to a better center. She said that I had slipped and said the band was salvageable and said an unfill was neccessary.Omg story short she did this 3 times over the next 3 months fill and unfiill saying oh u still have dialation of the esphogaus. On the 4th month I requested to discuss a revision with her.

I had also requested to see Dr. Tersigni in coosbay Oregon. She knew about the other Dr since I requested my medical records. She said during the revision consult that she wouldn't revise me because I was too young and active... Even though I was compliant and successful with the band and it apparently failed for unkown reasons.. I hadn't had a fill and was at my sweet spot for more than a year before having issues.

I went to Dr tersigni The following day. He reviewed all the notes labs and flouroscopies and immediately said I was a perfect canidate. He and his staff submitted the documents to my insurance who approved me on the first request.

I'm scared and nervous but have preop in less than 12 hours and surgery in36 hours.
I am so disappointed in sucky Dr folek at sacred heart it turns out she just became a bariatrac surgeon 2 years ago.... I have had lb for longer than she has had her degree... She is also a size 2 and has never had a weight issue.  She managed to swindle me out of 3600 for fills and unfills before I got a second opinion..

Wish me luck! I can't wait to follow this new journey and finally hit my goal with my new surgeon.!!

(deactivated member)
on 7/10/11 8:01 pm - Santa Cruz, CA
Well, better late than never. I agree with you regarding the wasted $$$--none of us can afford that nowadays.

Best wishes,
martitalinda
on 7/10/11 10:07 pm
 Best wishes on your upcoming surgery.... I am so happy that you are able to get your revision and put an end to all you have been going through ... I will keep you in positive thoughts ....

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Jrzyboriqua
on 7/10/11 11:31 pm - East Windsor, NJ
Best wishes on your upcoming surgery!  Update us when you're up and running again. 
(deactivated member)
on 7/11/11 12:20 am
,  in your words - i'm super duper excited for you.

ps - i gave babe a peanut :):)

(deactivated member)
on 7/11/11 12:48 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
Good luck and when you are feeling better go and kick the old doc in the peesh-a-deesh ( just for ****s and giggles ) after all they do say laughter is the best medicine.....
MsBatt
on 7/11/11 2:28 am
Just curious---since you did so well with your Band until it failed, have you considered revising to the Sleeve rather than the RNY? It seems to have about the same long-term weight loss as the RNY, without all the potential pouch/stoma issues, and no vitamin malabsorption problems.
SomethingClever
on 7/11/11 4:20 am
Good luck!!!

I second the idea, though, that you consider a sleeve.  If you are doing well losing weight with a restrictive-only procedure, the RNY seems unncessary.  The VSG is a "newer" surgery, so not all doctors preform it.  But it's initlal stats look very promising.

It is certainly worth considering and asking about.  This is your body and you want to make sure you are picking the surgery that is best for your situation, not just the surgery that your doctor is more comfortable doing. (Meaning, if you pick VSG, you may need to find a new surgeon!) 

Pick your surgery first, your surgeon second.

No matter what, good luck to you!  I hope your revision goes smoothly.
(deactivated member)
on 7/12/11 9:06 am
duck_girl is out of revision surgery & doing well...more than well,  texting.  
Duck_Girl
on 7/13/11 3:15 pm
On July 12, 2011 at 4:06 PM Pacific Time, redbabe08 wrote:
duck_girl is out of revision surgery & doing well...more than well,  texting.  
Thanks red babe. The first dayy was really hard on me.. the doctor said I had a lot of adhesions from my lapband.

Day 2 with wonder drugs I'm doing great!

Most Active