Just Back from Surgery

smh77777
on 7/9/11 12:20 pm
I just had my laproscopic RNY on Wednesday afternoon. Only one minor complication with my heart rhythm that will likely resolve itself. 

For those who are about to go through this and are afraid, it has been much less painful and difficult than I feared it would be.  I was very nervous heading in, but I was pleasantly surprised at how much less difficult it was than I anticipated.  Going to liquids only has also not been too big of an issue with physical hunger now out of the picture.  Just don't drink too fast!  I have done that a few times, and it hurts.  

I have started a very rudimentary blog to track what's going on with me.  I have found a lot of the practical advice and information others post very helpful.  You are welcome to follow what I am experiencing, and I'd be happy to hear others' experiences.

All Time High Weight - 370
Starting Weight pre-WLS - 367.4
Surgery Weight - 333
Current Weight - 248
Surgery Date - July 6, 2011 

Melinda D.
on 7/9/11 1:28 pm - Lewisville, TX
WOW congrats!!!!!!
snshine62
on 7/9/11 9:05 pm
Well, you have the right attitude and glad everything went so well for you.
TennesseeTruly
on 7/10/11 9:16 am - Church Hill, TN
 Congratulations!  I'm interested in every detail because hopefully in several months, I'll be where you are.  I'll be following you (not stalking..haha!) to see how you're doing!  

Good luck on your journey!!

~Laurie~
hellokitty21
on 7/10/11 11:54 am
Congrats to you! Did your Dr. tell you what caused the heart rhythym issue?
smh77777
on 7/11/11 12:55 am
Basically, shock or trauma.  Your heart rate goes up during surgery because, well, they are cutting you open.  There was no heart attack or heart damage.

After surgery my rate was up around 125 and arhythmic and it stayed that way.  They put me on some strong beta blockers and they got the rate down to 80-84, but still arhythmic.  I checked it three times in the last couple of days and the rate's now around 60, and it feels steady to me. 

Basically, they think the rhythm will return to normal as I heal.
All Time High Weight - 370
Starting Weight pre-WLS - 367.4
Surgery Weight - 333
Current Weight - 248
Surgery Date - July 6, 2011 

Most Active