No appetite.

Gloria P.
on 7/11/11 3:45 am - Ruther Glen, VA
I am two years post op from RNY (May 2009)....
The last few weeks, I have been forcing myself to eat. I have no desire to eat, and no hunger pains. Anyone else experience this?

I am just about at a loss of what to do next.I have lost all the weight I planned to ro need to, if I keep this up, I will start to look sickly and we don't want that.

Any suggestions...I have been on an almost complete liquid diet, cause I am thirsty all the time...but never hungry...no desire for food.

and yes I am still taking my vitamins each day....that makes me feel full for hours....Yikes.

hollykim
on 7/11/11 4:59 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
You know this is a no brainer,right? You are a smart woman. You know you have to eat whether you are hungry or not or you can't live.

Liquid diets re designed to take off weight. You need to make a menu of what you will eat each day,prepare it when it is time(set a timer if you have to) and eat what you have prepared from your menu. Make sure it is balanced with dense protein,veg and fruit.

You don't say what is included in your liquid diet,but I bet it is not protein shakes,is it? You must get some nutrients in even if you are not hungry. Your body must have protein or it will start eating your muscles to get the protein. This is not a good thing. It is one of the reasons people with anorexia nervousa drop dead sometimes. their body has eaten so much of their heart and other organs they can't stay alive.

Get started eating off your plan and glad you are still taking your vitamins.
GL,
h

Gloria P.
on 7/12/11 3:39 am - Ruther Glen, VA
No no, I do eat...whether i want to or not...it is just getting to the point where I never want to eat at all.

I still do my protein drinks...but it is just blah now...that is how I feel...Blah!

My thoughs are,Oh no!!! it has been 3 hours, I need to eat something...it is a terrible feeling, no pleasure or desire to eat.

hollykim
on 7/12/11 5:38 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Whew,glad to hear that and esp about the protein shakes.

Have no other words of wisdom except make a plan and stick to it every day. Just like you would it you had to tke  medicine every 3 hours,just plan it and do it.

If you don't want to lose anymore you might try adding in good carbs,beans,brown rice and other whole grains.

good luck,
H

Most Active