Living with Muscular Dystrophy

Betty Jo L.
on 7/22/11 5:21 am
 Everyone,

I just wanted to ask if there is anyone out there who has any type of muscular dystrophy. I have Limb Girdle Muscular Dystrophy Type 2 and find it very hard right now to even walk long distances without getting tired. I am getting the RNY surgery to reduce my weight and give my legs that better support to hold up my body and allow me to do more excersices.

If anyone has this type ofr any type, what is your solution to getting the required exercise needed? that will not make you to tired fast. When my legs get tired forget it I have to sit down if not I will fall down and have a hard time to get up. 

All posts or suggestions is welcome as well

Thanks for taking the time to read my post
 Be Happy and live your life to the fullest          
Anukis
on 7/22/11 4:26 pm - Edmonton, Canada
Hi,
I have Fibromyalgia and have found a water program here to be very helpful.  It's like water aerobics, but very, very gentle and designed for those of us who cannot handle the regular classes.  The instructors give suggestions for all of us individually based on our needs.  There's no pressure, no competition, we really all go at our own pace.  And when I lose my balance, stumble, fall, I get no bruises landing in the water - total bonus.
Good luck finding something that helps you.

Most Active