7 days out!

apple1975
on 7/25/11 4:06 am
Ok. I know I have posted little stats but here goes.  I weighed 254 until I did my preop diet which brought me down to 241. Now the scales read about 237. I am 5'6. My RNY was the 18th. 4lbs in 7 days, thats good right? I ended up being in the hospital 4 nights. My bowels wouldn't wake up and I was very sick. I am getting all of my vitamins down, but struggling getting 60 grams of protein. I get around 45. I am just so full. I am taking little 1 to 2 oz sips. but I'm afraid if I don't get these 30 fat, 30 carbs and 60 protein it will hinder weight loss Is this typical experience?
Janine P.
on 7/25/11 4:29 am - Long Island, NY
Hi and congratulations on your surgery!

Four pounds in a week is great, especially considering you probably lost more than that in water weight from all the IV bags.

Don't go crazy about getting 60 grams of protein in right away.  Aim for 60 but as long as you're getting in 30 grams by 30 days post op, you're doing good.  

Just sip sip sip.

Janine   Me on Youtube 

Mahana
on 7/25/11 4:52 am - AZ
I had a lap band on Tuesday. Today is the first day I'be been able to drink now than a SIP. Go online and down load a recipe for "raw chocolate mousse or pudding". It is all nutrients with avacado...which makes it creamy. It is delicious....and even a spoonfull is loaded with healthy fats and nutrition. Do what you can and try and SIP water every 15 min. Too low of calories will hinder your weightloss. I SIP my atkins and e.a.s shakes dillegently. So far I have lost 10lbs in 6 days walk as much as possible and take your pain megs at night so you will get good quality rest. I don't take my less during the day as it makes me too sleepy to function. Good luck and stay possitive!
-The wife of Johnny Lingo-    
martitalinda
on 7/25/11 6:06 am
CONGRATULATIONS...... 4 pounds in a week is awesome ... Seven days is still early post op ... just sip sip sip and try to get in as much of the protein as you can ... follow your plan and make certain to hydrate well ... It gets better and better.... 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

apple1975
on 7/25/11 7:24 am
Thanks for the encouragement. I will keep sippin and walkin sippin and walkin lol
Most Active