Hunger after gastric sleeve

MacMadame
on 7/31/11 7:57 am - Northern, CA
It doesn't really take months for the ghrelin to clear. In fact, it's not clear if it takes weeks. That's a theory that some people have to explain why they are hungry during the first 1-2 weeks but it's not back by any sort of evidence.

IME with a sleeve, hunger in the first couple of weeks comes from the following sources:

-liquids and soft foods aren't mentally satisfying - plus, liquids don't really invoke our satiety mechanisms the way that solid food does

-excessive stomach acid - your PPI may not be working (there are different kinds and some work better than others for different people) or you may not be taking enough

-not drinking enough

If your stomach is kind of gurgle-y, then I'd looking to taking more or a different PPI. Stomach acid really mimics hunger. All my "hunger" for the first couple of months was stomach acid and every time I tried to go off my PPI in the first two years, I'd experience increased hunger.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

juzmejnee
on 8/1/11 2:35 am
Thank you all so very much for your input and advice. I am just so paranoid of ruining my new stomach and setting myself up for failure. Thank you again!
Most Active