DO NOT USE JERASLUEM HOSPITAL

goodkel
on 7/31/11 4:07 pm
On July 31, 2011 at 4:46 PM Pacific Time, missicherry wrote:
i changed it,  my only intention has been to let everyone know how horrible this was for me and everyone is offended by something or mad or something negative. shoot im exhausted and only felt i should absolutely tell everyone and ive all but been called stupid on here.
Nope, the title is still "Surgery in Mexico."

And, yeah, it wasn't your brightest moment, but they count on their bargain basement prices clouding desperate peoples' minds. Unethical *******s.

Pull up your big girl britches and head over to the DS board. You're going to need a lot of help and that's the best place to find it. But, don't expect people to not comment on what a terrible decision you made. There's just no escaping that fact and noobies and lurkers need to learn from your mistake. Glossing it over serves no purpose.

So, toughen up your skin, be ready to gracefully admit your mistake, and you can both pay it forward and take advantage of a world of help on the DS board.
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

roxi's mom
on 7/31/11 9:36 pm - TN
i thought i did, i will try again. i didnt come on here to get sympathy or bashed for my choice. i just wanted to warn people of my bad choice.  my bad choice i would have done the same all over again because i didnt know and i did look.  i wouldnt have done this on puepose for sure
melissa
(deactivated member)
on 8/1/11 1:31 am - San Jose, CA

Thank you for changing the title of your post - but could you please go back again and fix the spelling of Jerusalem?  People will not find the post if they are searching for the hospital specifically, if it is misspelled.

Please let us know what surgery you had, after you get a proper examination.  Did you have gas and diarrhea, really really stinky, immediately after surgery?  It is hard to imagine you got a proper DS if you didn't have this temporary but hallmark "side effect."

MurphysMom
on 7/31/11 10:34 am - CA
Melissa,
I am so sorry you have gone through such a horrible ordeal.  Thank God you are doing well now.  Take good care of yourself, and rest.  I found your post to be very enlightening.  So thank you for posting it.
  One day at a time, and one meal at a time, and I WILL reach my goal!  
roxi's mom
on 7/31/11 10:51 am - TN
how nice a sweet post, thank you so much. i have gotten some crazy response. yours was so appreciated. thanks again. im happy all thats behind me too.
melissa
beemerbeeper
on 7/31/11 1:02 pm - AL
Melissa,

I don't think I could have survived what you went through so my hat is off to you.

BUT if you actually got a DS or even some sort of DS/RnY hybrid you are just STARTING.

You MUST find out what your insides look like and I think the only way to do that is to see a doctor who can look and see.

You MUST find out what you are supposed to eat and how you must supplement (vitamins and protein) for life.

Have you been having really bad gas?  Oil slicks in the toilet?  Those would be signs that your intestines were operated on.

Please start today and take better care of yourself.  The first step is to find out what was done to your insides.

~Becky

roxi's mom
on 8/1/11 5:41 am - TN
Hi thanks I am going to go to the dr here asap. I have the xray and medical records but who kknows what of those are true. I sure hope its a ds though. I really had nothing at all to eat for two days after surgery but just a sip of water and iv fluids. I have since been doing the jello broth popsicle and sipn on water constantly and of course my vitamins. I have really just had liquid in and liquid out. Nothing else. I can see on the xray wheree there was a vsg from the staples but dunno bout ds part. I will find out I guess. Soon enuf. I have not lost 1 pound and its been 11 days now. I dunno
beemerbeeper
on 8/1/11 5:56 am - AL
Seems to me that even if you had had no surgery that you are only taking water and popsicles that you would be losing weight by now?

Please get to the doctor ASAP and then come let us know what you find out.

I am very concerned for you.

~Becky

Elizabeth N.
on 8/1/11 7:28 am - Burlington County, NJ
Not losing at this point is meaningless. You are swollen from surgery, retaining fluids. Pretty soon you will likely get a sharp drop on the scale. That, too, will be fluids. It's going to take a while for your body to start really burning fat.

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 7/31/11 9:36 pm
 Melissa - 

I know you feel some people have been mean in responding to you - please please understand that each and everyone of us only wishes you the best.

yes, we think you mad a bad decision but I promise we want YOU to have the best possible care from now on.  that you were mislead, it makes us angry and we maybe poke fun but that doesn't change the fact that we wish YOU well, I promise. we are angry at the people who talked you into the surgeon you went to.

so  you need to stay here and keep posting no matter what. 

big hugs to you!   

Jackie

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

Most Active