Just had random scary thought about my breasts

true2me.2011
on 7/31/11 4:12 pm - OH
I really like my breasts. Just the way they are now. They have cushion in all the right aread. They are perky. I am scared of losing my sisters. I am having separation anxiety and my survery has not even been scheduled yet. Is this wrong thinking? Is there anyone out there who was able to still have a nice set without the bra? Are YOU laughing at me right now? Disgusted? Ashamed? Scared to tell me the truth?

Thanks for letting me vent.

goodkel
on 7/31/11 4:37 pm
When I was say 17-21 (in college) I went bra-less all the time. The perky girls stood tall and firm. And I am delighted to say that I can now go bra-less yet again.

With a loose enough and opague enough shirt, I appear breastless because they are flat and droop to my waist. I am happily bra-less once again!

Don't sweat losing the girls. There are miraculous bras out there and the right partner won't care if they have to scoop them out of your armpit.

Plus, there is always lifts and augmentation. Buy a used car next time and put the difference towards the girls.

It's really not worth worrying about. Promise.
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

Binda
on 7/31/11 4:37 pm - CA
I thought about the same thing. I had no concept of losing weight or of what my body would feel like and look like. And I have seen a ton of post op bodies of people who are brave enough to show us what they have both here and in person at our support groups.

So - It's a joke in our support group from a gal who says she's gone from a 44 D to a 44 long...

My girls - well they're softer, not as perky and flatter but they fit really nice in a good bra and I am either going to get a lift or something later.

The weight loss will overshadow any separation anxiety you have - it's an amazing feeling to lose the weight, see the numbers go down on the scale and have your energy up again.

Do I like my boobs? hmmmm nah not really but it's just me and my husband and I'm in my late 40's so I could really care less...but when I think hard about it I DO miss my boobs but I'll take what I have now ANY day!! Do I feel shame? Nope, not a bit, how I feel about myself as a woman isn't in my breasts, my hair or anything like that - it's taken a huge turn since surgery...it's hard to explain.

and I'd never laugh at a woman who shares her truth...that's just wrong!

Peace
Binda

I have wasted enough of my life worrying about what people think of me.

true2me.2011
on 7/31/11 5:00 pm - OH
Thank you so much Binda and goodkel!! I will miss them but I know I must give up one part of myself to gain a better part of myself.

KatieB2003
on 7/31/11 5:45 pm - Garrettsville, OH
I'm 29 and I don't think my boobs have been perky since I had my oldest son when I was 21... but I like em in a bra... and I figure I'll like in a bra after surgery and losing all the weight... and who knows maybe someday I'll love them after a boob job.

Meet the Surgeon Aug 1, 2011 .... hopefully the surgeons office is right and everything will go fast and I'll have surgery later this month. 

http://porcenaluk.blogspot.com/

Laura in Texas
on 7/31/11 10:16 pm
I definitely miss having full, rounded breasts!!

I went from a 50DDD to a 34DDD, but it was all skin. I just had a breast lift and love my boobs again, but miss the fullness. In the future, I will be getting implants.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

LoraLeeME
on 7/31/11 10:53 pm
I've dropped two bra sizes since having my surgery. My boobs hang lower than they did before surgery, but I've also lost a lot of the "back fat" too. I have two kids that I breastfed, so I haven't really had "perky" boobs since my early twenties. I'm 45 years old now. I don't know any 45 year olds that have perky boobs that haven't had surgery. Surgery is out there if I ever want it. My sister had a boob job done a year after her WLS. She's still not happy.

Considering the reasons why I had WLS, having baggy boobs is not such a big deal. I will keep my baggy boobs and say good-bye to high blood pressure, diabeties, heart disease, stroke, heartattack, liver disease and sore joints. Perspective and a really good bra.

Take care.

USAF Wife
on 8/1/11 12:12 am
Along with losing my boobs, I lost 3 back fat rolls, and 53inch waist measurement and with the weight loss I gained a size 2 jean, an Xsmall top, and saggy, deflated, boobs ! ! ! Nothing a good bra, or plastic surgeon can't fix ! !  ! I only had nice boobs because I was fat, now I have many other nice attributes, like my thighs not rubbing/chafing when walking.

I'll take saggy boobs over back fat any day of the week ! ! !
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

AundreaSmith
on 8/1/11 12:34 am - Caledonia, MI
DS on 03/12/12

Believe it or not, my Husband and I were talking about this lastnight.  I am in my mid-thirties with 2 young children...and honestly, I have ALWAYS loved my boobs, too.  (As does my Husband)  However, I have to agree with all the other ladies here.  I'd rather be healthy, thinner....and if my boobs look like deflated saddle bags, so be it.

As sad as it would be to see them in that state, as a lot of other people have said, it's nothing that a good bra wouldn't fix.  And besides, the only people who will see them is me and my Husband.

I am not one for surgery, so I don't think I'd get implants or a lift. 

Best wishes!

HW: 404/ SW: 380/  GW: 155

Tracy C.
on 8/1/11 12:45 am - Canada
  I never had huge breasts to speak of before surgery 42 full C, but I liked them!! Well now I have none left. I went to LaSenza to buy some of there double push ups, which by the way make it everything allright, gives you the illusion of fullness. I love these bra's. But there is something to be said about wearing a dress etc that is tight on top without having to wear a bra, its pretty liberating. No staps to try and cover stuff like that. I would love to have a boob job and get some really big full puppies, but till that happens which will likely be never, I am embracing what I have and would never go back, I will take thin over full breasts. lol!
Tracy

Most Active