18 Days and Counting!!

strwbryblnd
on 8/6/11 2:46 am - Salem, IL
I am 18 days away from my surgery. I am not at all concerned about the surgery.. nervous, yes, but I AM human.  I am a bit concerned about the diet part, but I can handle it.. what I think I am most concerned about is the exercising. I have never been one for exercising and it is the most difficult 'habit' for me to gain.  I know I MUST, so I will give it my all.. but I am still concerned.   I have a LOT of excess in the belly area and it hangs very low. I am really afraid of what will happen with that.  Ok, that is my 'nervous' rant..now I will forge ahead.  Thanks for allowing me to vent a bit.

shaney1111
on 8/6/11 5:01 am - Syracuse, NY
Hello im 12 days away from my surgery and I basically have the same concerns as you, hopefully things will work out great for the both of us. Good Luck and god bless 
Dave Chambers
on 8/6/11 6:07 am - Mira Loma, CA
Exercise is part of the protocol.  You might consider a couple of the easier exercise choices, at least for the first few weeks.  You can purchase DVD's that have "chair exercises".  These are designed for a cardio workout from a chair, primarily designed for people with mobility issues.  Another choice is warm water aerobics at a local YWCA or a local gym club.  You exercise in a pool, where you weigh only around 12 pounds.  Walking or riding a bike may be an easy form of exercise for you too.  You might consider some support garments too, as this may give you more confidence in moving around until you've lost some body wt.  Most insurance companies will cover the "PANNI" surgery to remove excess abdominal skin.  You might ask your referrring doctor about this, and how your insurance would cover it.  Some patients with excess skin in that area, find it intereferes (SP?) with walking or exercising. I'm guessing, but it's likely your insurance company would only pay for one panni surgery.  You'll likely have to have your doctor document skin rashes or fungal infections.  You may have to consider a 2nd surgery, a tummy tuck after you've maintained a stable wt for around 6 months.  Good luck. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

martitalinda
on 8/6/11 6:54 am
You can start out slowly building up your endurance and before you know it it grows on you...I thought I would never be able to run again and now I even do marathons... Make sure you have medical clearance before starting any strenuous exercise program.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Most Active