Tummy Pain

Wannabhealthy barbie
on 8/7/11 1:37 am
Everything I eat hurts, even if it is small...like a veggie burger with nothing on it, no bread...just a plain veggie burger, or half of a single chicken breast...it hurts all the way across my upper half  right under my ribs from side to side, and it gets all bloated. And it isn't gas. Any thoughts or how do I fix it.

(deactivated member)
on 8/7/11 1:47 am
sounds like a stricture or gallbladder..I would call your doctor, hope you feel better soon.
Lisarn1
on 8/7/11 1:50 am - Raleigh, NC
If I were you, I'd follow up with your surgeon. I was having similar symptoms that turned out to be an internal hernia. When the symptoms started getting worse, they also determined that my gallbladder was hyperfunctioning. I had gallbladder surgery and hernia repair two weeks ago, and I feel so much better. I only missed a week of work, which was great, but I'm still sore inside.

Before the surgery it was painful to eat or drink, I was bloated all the time, and I gained about 7 Lbs without eating much at all. By the end, I was living on Greek yogurt, protein powder, and Egg Beaters. Now, I have lost 12 Lbs since the surgery, though still finding it challenging to eat but it's mostly because of feeling sore rather that the other symptoms.

You never know. Maybe this has played a part in why you've had so much trouble losing more weight, despite all of your efforts.

Please let us know what you find out.
Lisa

RNY 10/19/09 - Revision to VSG 10/13/14 - Dr Paul Enochs 

Most Active