Surgery in 3 days

monicapena
on 8/10/11 8:10 am - OH
This liquid diet wasn't easy. I did eat on the 5th day. I felt so guilty. Went to the doctor Monday and lost 16 lbs. I got all my prescriptions filled. Ready to drink the stuff to clean you out. I have my special soap to shower with and the pain medicine that I will need for after the surgery. My emotions are all over the place. The doctor said I will have a pain pump in the hospital,( am I going to be on that much pain ?). I will be having a tube left in my left side for about 4 to 6 weeks just in case i need to be fed. I've been doing OK with the injections in my stomach. I have to do that because I'm on blood thinners. I do that twice a day. My stomach is black and blue. Best wishes to everyone .
Sueleebee
on 8/10/11 4:03 pm
Good luck to you . Iam going in for my suragy on the 17 th.I am having my stomch Removed its full of very Lg Polyps'.Does not happen much but I win every thing it seems.Iam a little Scared my self.We will be so happy when its over. God bless you . Sue
Mary Catherine
on 8/10/11 10:45 pm
 The hardest part for me was worrying before the surgery and drinking the yucky stuff to clean me out.  I was so afraid that I thought I would back out right up until they wheeled me into the operating room.  After it was all over, things were very easy.  Use the pain pump when you feel the slightest twinge of pain.  That way I never felt much pain. 

I followed my doctor's plan and had no problems. After I was home a few days I called my friend who had had RNY several years earlier. I told her that I felt too wonderful and that I wondered if I was going to start feeling bad.  She said that it would just get better and she was right.
Most Active